Tuesday, April 26, 2011

First Easter

Hunter really enjoyed his first Easter!As much as I LOVE Easter....it will never be the same without my mom. I can't help it, but I seem to get frustrated when I think about the love that Hunter is missing out on! Zsa-Zsa would have filled Hunter's heart and Easter basket with goodies, hugs and love! Easter aside...Zsa-Zsa would eat Hunter up! I'm so confident that Hunter and my mom have spent a lot of time together! His spunk so reminds me of her! She could light up any room...so can he! Her smile was contagious...so is his! Her energy filled any room...so does his! She exuded happiness...so does he!
 I think of my mom every time he flashes that BIG OLE smile! I know she is forever a part of his soul, I would do ANYTHING if she could physically be part of his daily life.... Lord knows she would breathe Hunter's breath, smile his smile, hold his hand, and embrace every heart beat!

Scott and I often reflect on our memories with my sweet mom. Her "family roots livin" is the foundation of our home and future! Truly, the most giving, loyal, fun, energetic, loving person I will ever know, and I'm sad that Hunter will not experience "Zsa-Zsa!" She used to tell me that, "being a grandmother was her favorite phase of life," and she was a damn good one! I do my BEST to incorporate her mothering techniques and skills...she was just "naturally a GREAT MOM!" I sure do hope that I am half as good as her! Holidays were always so special with my mom, and I can say that Hunter's first Easter was very special!! Cheers to many more holidays with my mom's spirit as the root of each tradition!!

Now some Hunter facts: Hunter's hair is growing in two different colors...dark on top and light on the sides! So, it looks like he has a Mohawk...so funny! The Mohawk really fits his personality...spunky!! We put 2 diapers on Hunter at night because he was peeing up his back...the overnight diapers didn't work. 2 diapers does the trick!! Hunter is getting surgery on May 6 to remove an ear skin tag...prayers are so appreciated. We have taken all precautions in preparation for surgery because the surgery will include anesthesia. Some scans were not covered by insurance, but closing the door on fear of unknown was worth every dollar! I wanted to make sure that there was not any heart birth defects that would have resulted in a wacky reaction to anesthesia....phew, thank you God, all looks good! He really is getting to be a chunky little fella...and I love every roll!! Pictures of Easter, his first time to swim, cousins, and friends!







No comments:

Post a Comment