Thursday, June 16, 2011

9 Months old

WHAT!? I have a 9 month old! I would trade in my little toes if time could slow down! Scott watched Hunter ALL weekend alone while I went to a Bachelorette party. Scott's words, "I could SO be a stay at home dad!" I had this house very organized, a stranger could have taken care of Hunter. No, all the notes and labels were not needed because Scott has been very involved and knows the routine...but it was "peace of mind" for me! I totally "let go" of that part of my brain the second we pulled out of the driveway! A mommy break was so nice! Did I miss him...surprisingly, NO. But, was I happy to go home...YES!! I was so excited to get home to Hunter, but my time away was needed and gave me a boost of mommy energy!

We go to the doctor next week, and I look forward to getting his stats. I feel like he has grown SO much. Here is what Hunter is up to:
  • sleeps on his tummy now! 
  • gets on his hands and knees and looks over his bumper pads
  • still NO teeth
  • "scooting" but still not properly crawling
  • can stand unassisted for about 20 seconds
  • breastfeeds 5 times a day along with baby food 3 times a day and a snack
  • starting to experiment with table food (only tried potato, squash, and avocado so far)
  • loves grasping puffs, and really likes baby yogurt
  • 2 naps 9:00-10:30 and 1:45-3:30ish
  • sleeps 7-6:30 (starting to wake a little earlier, he used to wake at 7:00, we miss this!!) 
  • says da-da (all the time) and also says ma-ma (mom) , ba-ba (bye), ha (hello)
  • waves bye bye
  • claps all the time
  • VERY happy baby with a priceless smile
  • can entertain himself for hours!!
  • swimming is his favorite 
  • gives open mouth kisses often! 
  • practicing drinking from open faced cup
  • size 3 diapers
  • size 9mo-12 mo clothes
  • his laugh stops strangers...best laugh in the world!
  • totally recognizes friends and family 
  • looks for Zoe and Bentley when he hears their name
  • still loves pacifier
  • sleeps in sleepsack
  • is always talking, smiling or laughing
Every day gets more and more fun! Hunter is such a joy, and his carefree personality has blessed so many! He is continuing to change me, teach me, and giving me many reasons to love life!

Hunter LOVES swimming! Here is his playing "peekaboo" through the bucket, splashing, playing and of course flashing around that "big ole' Hunter smile!!"




No comments:

Post a Comment