Thursday, June 9, 2011

First Family Vacation

Can a baby digest beads?? That is the question that started off our family vacation! The 5 hour trip was GREAT...Hunter slept nearly the whole time! I fed him right when we got there, and he pulled my earring...and the beads went flying! Some landed in his mouth, and of course he swallowed! Good thing he didn't choke or need medical attention because Leakey is a LONG ways away from any hospital! So, that incident kicked off our weekend!

He LOVED the Frio river (Garner State Park), and the cold temperature didn't slow him down. He splashed away! Scott is such a wonderful dad, and he stayed by Hunter's side the entire time...he was so proud to show off his "mini me!" Hunter took wonderful naps in his pack-n-play...although we all had to be very quiet because he is such a light sleeper! I put a "Baby sleeping" sign on our cabin door considering there were 12 kids running around camp...in and out of cabins! So, I told them DO NOT enter when this sign is up. They are such great kids and they listened and respected our "cabin rules!" Hunter did a take a few naps in the stroller by the Frio!

We put a sheet over the pack-n-play, which worked great! This blocked the surroundings from his view, so he didn't really know that he was in a "new place." I thought he would get hot with less air circulation, so I put a fan RIGHT by the pack-n-play. Mistake-he cried for a few hours the first night! We didn't do much because we thought that he just needed time to adjust. Well, when we picked him up, he was an ICE CUBE! We moved the fan, he slept much better. Oops, just another "mothering mistake!" Live and learn!!

Hunter's cousins LOVE him and babysat all weekend. This was wonderful because it gave me time to play beer pong!! It was so fun to watch the kids interact with him because he is really starting to understand "play!" He thinks his cousin Ally is hysterical! She can make him belly laugh...it is priceless! Leakey is all about "yard games," swimming, talking, laughing, and just relaxing with the family. We had a blast....simple fun is always the best! Overall, our first family vacation was a memorable success! We had FUN at our SHS June paygroup right when we got home too!
 
 
 
 





I am going on a girls trip this weekend! My first time to be away from Hunter for an extended period of time. I will be away for 72 hours. I feel great about it...I actually feel like a break will re-energize me as a mom! Hunter probably needs a "mommy break" too ;-) I am headed back to the Frio River, but this time for a Bachelorette party for my best friend Meredith (Hunter's Godmother.) My "aunt" Ginger is coming to babysit on Friday until Scott gets home from work...then it is "Daddy duty" for the rest of the weekend. Scott is pumped about "guys weekend!" Not only am I going out of town, but my cell phone doesn't work in the hill country. So, I have left this house o-r-g-a-n-i-z-e-d so Scott won't have any questions! I have pumped breastmilk ready to go in freezer, schedules posted on wall, organized folder with ALL information, and post-its around the house! I will miss them, but everyone needs girl time! Bye, bye Hunter...hello my girls!!

No comments:

Post a Comment