Tuesday, August 16, 2011

11 months

Here is what "11 month Hunter" is up to:
  • Finally, one bottom tooth has broken gum!! The tooth isn't all the way out, but it is peaking! 
  • He was cranky, on edge, and congested while teething
  •  He can stand all by himself
  • LOVES mandarin oranges, mango and blueberries
  • Is a huge eater!!
  • Almost off all baby food
  • Still not "all 4 crawling" but he gets around the house in his own "form!" That may just be the way he crawls.
  • When he gets tired of "crawling" he sits up and pivots on his bottom in circles until he gets where he wants. I need to put a swiffer on his bottom so he can clean the floor! He is a VERY fast "pivoter!"
  • He pulls up in his crib and coffee table, but has little interest to pull up on other things
  • Still the happiest, most content baby you will meet. This could be the reason for his slow "crawling/pulling up" because he is perfectly happy just laughing where you place him!
  • "Walks" while holding your hand...wobbly steps!
  • Continues to laugh and smile ALL the time. His joy is unbelievable!
  • Sleeps 7pm-7am...sometimes 7:30am
  • Morning nap 9:15-10:30ish and afternoon nap 1:45-3:30ish
  • We have started the weaning process, and he is doing great! He gets about 8 oz. of whole milk a day. My body is adjusting well- so far!!
  • I have used "time out" a few times, so he is starting to learn that process ;)!
  • Dances to Backyardigans theme song and Mickey Mouse clubhouse "Hot dog dance!"
  • Waves bye-bye
  • Has learned how to "communicate' really good- in his own way!
  • Size 3 diapers
  • No longer naps in sleep sack (still uses it at night)
  • size 9-12mo clothes
  • shakes his head "no-no"

In regards to milestones...I have never read or believed in them too much! I have 7 nieces and nephews and they all did things at such different times. As a new mother, I know you can get "caught up" on what your child is "supposed to be doing." From day 1...I made the decision to let Hunter do things in his own time. And I am glad that I made that decision because clearly Hunter has his own "time table!!" Rather than thinking..."why isn't he doing this or that?" I have just sat back and enjoyed things as they come.
 I can tell you one thing...his smile and laugh was WAY before those silly "charts" said he should! That says a lot right there....his gift was to bring brightness! I can honestly say that God has given me the ability to just enjoy motherhood and leave the worrying for Him!! That is huge to say for my personality type! I am so thankful that motherhood has given me the freedom to turn things over to Gods hands! I learned many life lessons from loosing my mom, but the biggest lesson I learned was to let go of what you can't control and enjoy the ride that God has planned! I must say that He has planned a wonderful ride so far with Hunter!
 There are no words to describe Hunter's personality! He is so silly, goofy, social, easy going-and yet so wild! His personality is truly larger than life. He reminds me daily not to take life so serious and let loose! God knew exactly what kind of baby I needed! Hunter makes me feel the way my mom used to make me feel. I felt so "light" when I was with mom, and I feel the same with Hunter. What a blessing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment