Thursday, August 30, 2012

6 weeks

My wonderful Trent...you are such a patient baby! I often feel bad for hauling him around ALL OVER while renovating our home. He is in the car majority of the day. I don't want him in the house with all the dust and construction so I leave him on the front porch when I run into the house to make decisions (paint, granite, cabinets, flooring, fixtures, etc!) He just goes with the flow and I appreciate his flexibility very much!
 He rarely cries while out and about, but he is very persistent when he does! He gets this pathetic look on his face...lips totally frowning, huge tears, arms in the air! I have breastfed Trent in between granite slabs in a stone yard, on display toilets, in my car, on the floor in the bathroom at new house...I'm telling you, this boy is always on the go! I know it is all for good reason, these boys are going to love their new home! I am very excited as everything seems to progressing nicely.
Trent is a big boy! I'm looking forward to seeing how much he weighs. He looks like a total chunk! I literally have no complaints...either he is a wonderful baby or I am too busy to notice otherwise! He is strong too and can hold his head up for long periods at a time. He still loves to sleep on his tummy and side. He has his moments of "not being able to get comfortable, " so I put him on his tummy or side propped up in boppy pillow, and that always does the trick!
He still eats every 3-4 hours. We put him in his crib after his 8:00pm feeding and he usually falls right asleep...it's hit or miss. He either falls right asleep or he needs a little TLC! And he always falls right back to sleep after his middle of night feedings...thank goodness!! All in all, he is just so content. Of course he has his moments of "acting like a baby," and I LOVE to hold, rock and kiss him in those moments!
He doesn't love bath time- he doesn't hate it, but he looks forward to getting all wrapped up in the towel!! He does spit up from time to time, but it doesn't seem to bother him, so I just wipe his face and keep going! Hunter is obsessed with all things Trent. He hugs and kisses him often! He runs to me and says "Uh oh baby cry" when Trent needs my attention. I know they are going to have great times together. We all love Trent so much and look forward to being settled in the new house so we can have our "new normal!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment