Saturday, August 4, 2012

2 Week Stats

My-o-my...Trent is a growing boy!! We had his 2 week check up and he weighs 7lb 7oz!! He has gained nearly 2 whole pounds in just 2 weeks. In the doctors words, "this must be some type of weight gain record!" The doctor checked and reset the scale 3 times because she could not believe her eyes! Trent seems to have a large appetite, and he seems to like the result of MY large appetite!! Hahaha, like I have said....breastfeeding makes me eat like a horse!!
He is still grunting- louder each night!! UGH...this is very annoying! The doctor said that some babies are just grunters! She also said that 'high calorie milk' is harder for babies to digest the first couple months of life, therefore babies grunt to help digest. Regardless of the reason, the doctor seems confident that it is just a phase and there is no underlying issue. Hunter totally stopped grunting one day around 3 months old. Ummm, 3 months sounds like a long time! What does she suggest....buy some ear plugs!!
Today (August 4) is my birthday....I turned 29!! Today would have also been my parents 45th wedding anniversary! I sure do miss my mom on my birthday, and I know my dad misses her on their anniversary. She was such a special lady! I LOVE that Trent was born on me and Scott's anniversary. Mom used to say that I was the best anniversary gift! Now, I understand...Trent will forever be my best anniversary gift! This makes me feel even closer to mom, and I love that we both share our wedding anniversary with our "special babies!!" Happy 2 weeks to my sweet Trent- you will forever hold an extra special place in my heart!!

No comments:

Post a Comment