Thursday, August 23, 2012

Busy Days

Trent is 5 weeks old and time seems to be flying by. I have come to realize that this is one of the busiest/most overwhelming times in my life! Not only do I have a newborn and a 23 month old....but, I am also totally renovating our home while living with my dad. I have to make decisions about where to knock out walls, add cabinets, granite color, appliances, flooring, paint colors, light switch here or there, type of roof shingle, what color to re-stain the hardwood floors, many conversations with contractors, staying organized with materials/budget, and much more...there are a million decisions to make and it is HARD to focus with my boys in tow!
 All of our stuff is everywhere! Furniture in storage, some clothes in storage/some with us at Dads, some stuff in dads garage, some in the new house garage. I have nothing else to say other than...this is an incredibly physically and mentally challenging time! However, in the "happy chaos" I have not overlooked my adorable Trent! I have made a point to take time (that I do not have) to just hold my sweet boy. He is still such a gentle, content and easy going baby.
 We have actually enjoyed living with my dad. We are staying in the room that I grew up in. Dad is totally spoiling Trent, and he holds him all the time. They snuggle up and sleep for hours! He is still eating about every 3 hours. We put him in his crib after his 8pm feeding, and believe it or not, he goes straight to sleep...poor guy is probably exhausted from being hauled all around the city everyday! He wakes up around 11:00pm for a feeding, then Scott and I go to sleep. He wakes about 2:30 and again around 5:00. Scott takes him out in living room after his 5am feeding then brings him back to me around 8:00am to eat again. This is great because I get a straight 3 hours of hard sleep!  Scott takes care of Hunter and Trent in the mornings while he gets ready for work. I wake up by Scott handing me Trent, Hunter has already eaten breakfast, and dogs fed...I could really get used to this!!
Trent is starting to stay awake for about 2 hours at a time during the day! He is so curious about all the lights and sounds. He likes to be held in the upright position so he can really "take it all in!" He loves to sleep on his side and tummy...but he sleeps fine on his back at night. He loves to get all nestled in the boppy pillow. He continues to be a great eater and breastfeeding has been wonderful and smooth! He likes his pacifier but does not "need" it. Everyone thinks he looks like me/my side of the family. At this point, I see very little resemblance between Hunter and Trent.
 He is such a gentle natured baby, I just love him too much! Hunter loves everything about him, and they have meshed together like 2 puzzle pieces that God created just for each other. As busy as this time is for us, we have so much to be grateful for. I am surrounded by blessings everyday, and I don't take one for granted. I have to remind myself that this is happy chaos full of wonderful blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment