Monday, January 14, 2013

Growin' Boy

Trent will be 6 months old next week, and I have decided to start rice cereal. All of a sudden, he was waking up at 5am crying. I would feed him and he would fall right back asleep. I give him a pumped bottle every night at bedtime, so I KNOW how much he eats.This just makes me feel better to know he is getting enough for the entire night. After a week of early waking, I thought....hmm, maybe it's time for the next step and he's ready for rice cereal at night? He literally grabbed the spoon like he was an old pro! However, he is a messy eater so we are working on the swallowing concept! And of course, Hunter wanted to "help!!" It was so funny. Hunter would open his mouth trying to get Trent to cooperate! Trent ended up with food in his eye and all over the place!
Then I tried to put him in the highchair. He looked adorable in it! But he kept leaning over and sucking the tray! Then he would pick his head up and laugh...like he was trying to be funny! And he kept looking down trying to find his feet. He is such a curious and aware fella. Seeing Trent in the highchair made me realize how BIG Hunter is. Hunter LOVES his highchair, and eats 3 meals a day in it. Hunter is such a kid- he's probably ready to start sitting at his little table. We will make that transition when Trent is ready to start really eating. For now, Trent just looks cute as bug when I put him that BIG high chair!
Trent smiles with eyes! I can see a big ole smile even when he has his pacifier in his mouth. He has started making "tooting" noises with his mouth- it is hilarious! He blows his cheeks out real big then sticks his tiny little tongue out! Gosh, I love him! He has absolutely the best laugh...it sounds totally "nerdy!" His eyes are always locked on Hunter, he thinks Hunter is so funny! They will be a great pair because Hunter is always trying to make Trent laugh, so they will feed off of each other for years to come! Hunter is the most gentle, dedicated, and sweet big brother! I heard Trent crying the other morning- then all of a sudden, it was silent! I quietly peeked around the corner to find Hunter holding the pacifier in Trent's mouth while he was singing to relax him! Oh my, he is so sweet!
Hunter was immediately drawn to Scott- like from the very second he entered this world! Yes, he loves his momma, but he is a daddy's boy through-and-through! But, I must say that Trent is totally a momma's boy! Oh my, he shakes with excitement when Scott brings him to me in the mornings. He has his eyes on me most of the time. The funny thing is....as of now, Scott and Hunter have opposite personalities while Trent and I have opposite personalities! Maybe it's true- opposites attract!? Regardless, I love my boys more than words can ever describe. I love that they make my time stand still. I love that they can always bring a smile to my face. I love that they continue to teach me what life is all about! They are so wonderful, and I am truly loving this phase of our lives!





No comments:

Post a Comment