Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Happy New Year

2013! I don't really have new years resolutions set in stone. I just have general goals that I need to refocus on. I would like to do so much in order to make myself a better mom, wife, friend, person, Christian...where to start? I am still discovering my many faults as I grow, which means I am continually setting goals on improving! Some days I do better than others at being patient, slowing down, enjoying the moment, having quiet prayer time, and being go with the flow. However...God made me high strung, energetic, type A, over planner, and 'to-do list' obsessed! I have learned to embrace these qualities and use them to my advantage. But I do challenge myself to learn from my kids!
Things that I inspire to be more like Hunter...he finds joy in everything! His smile and laugh fill the room. His aura is so spunky! He reminds me so much of my mom. He is extremely social and loves people, loves a party, and loves to go-go-go! He is quick to smile, quick to laugh, quick to forgive, and quick to love! He loves life. He is excited about life! These are all qualities that I admire most about Hunter. He is such a gem...he is my JOY!
Things that I inspire to be more like Trent....he is just so darn calming! He has the most zen aura! His patience is off the charts! He is so accepting of whatever situation he is in. He just goes with the flow! He has this charm about him that makes him so cool. He is quiet, very light-hearted, easy going, and content. He is so steady, even tempered, and gentle. His serenity is admirable....he is my PEACE!
 My boys are very different- yet both so sweet and happy. They are my "ying and yang!" You can learn so much from kids...the challenge is trying to be more like them! Happy New Year to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment