Friday, July 17, 2015

10 Year Anniversary, Happy 3rd Birthday Trent & First Steps!

WOW!!! What a big day! July 16th is an extra special day to our family. July 16th 2015 is our 10 year anniversary, Trent's 3rd Birthday, and now the date always remembered for Faith Ann's first true steps! All this in one day!
Scott and I will be going on our 10 year anniversary trip to Jackson Hole soon! We can NOT wait! I will do a totally separate post about our wonderful vacation later. In the meantime, Happy 10 year anniversary to the sweetest, most patient, most consistent, reliable and handsome man! Our wedding sure doesn't seem like ten years ago! We have lived a lot of life in that 10 years, and I am honored to live this life with such a special man!
Happy 3rd Birthday to Trent. Gosh, Trent stole a huge chunk of my heart 3 years ago! The day he was born, I just knew he was something special. He is so tough yet so very tender at the same time. He has the most gentle heart. He is so simple too. We always say, "Trent is black and white, cut and dry simple." And I love that about him. He is my tried and true momma's boy. Trent is also such a dude. I have said it from day one, but he is just so cool! Calm, cool and collected...and totally beautiful! I just love my baby Trent! We are having a little party at Home Depot, and I will post about that later too. In the meantime, Happy 3rd Birthday Trent, you are the best anniversary present ever! 
He woke up to his gift from us...his very own nap mat! He will be starting school soon. I have kept him at home with me, but it's now time that he goes off to school. He will be going to our church (MDUMC) 3 times a week. He is so ready, so excited, and I have been SO happy with my decision to keep my baby at home as long as possible. But, he's ready to open his wings now and he has his very own nap mat to do so! Haha! He was so excited about his own nap mat...tellin ya, simple boy!
He ordered breakfast. I told him I would make him anything he wanted. He ordered eggs, chocolate pancakes, and chocolate toast! Done! We put candles in his eggs and sang Happy Birthday for the first time of the day! Then, we went to the splash pad where sissy decided to take her first true steps! I was so glad cousin Jake was there to help document this special milestone! She was walking between person to person. But who waits to get to the splash pad to learn to walk?! Slippery ground is not the best for first steps! But, she was real steady on her feet. And Trent said, "yea, Faith Ann is a big girl for my birthday!!"
After nap, Trent wanted a snowcone. He headed to Bahama Bucks with a few friends, and of course put a candle in his snowcone and sang to him again!! The kids made a mess but had a blast. Trent wanted to wear his shirt with a cape on it- just in case he could fly on his birthday! Sweet boy!
Then, we met Scott at Southwells for dinner. Our favorite place to eat!! Then, a special tradition...on the birth date for each child, every month, Scott spends alone time with. So the 8th of every month is Faith Ann, 13th is Hunter, and 16th is Trent. Scott just spends like 30 minutes of intentional alone time with each child. The kids TOTALLY look forward to this each month. Trent wanted to go fly a kite down in the easement yesterday. He and Scott had a great time!! I love this 'daddy alone time' tradition, special memories for everyone!! Yesterday was action packed, memorable and so wonderful!!


1 comment: