Monday, July 6, 2015

Happy 4th of July

We headed down to my brothers lake house for the 4th of July. They have a house on Lake Livingston, and we always enjoy the cousin play time. Hunter and Trent swam for hours. They jumped off their pier at least 100 times. Faith Ann sat in her little tube and watched the fun.
We went tubing behind the boat, which is always a favorite of mine. Hunter and I went together. My brother drove fast!! I was laying with my arm over Hunter, but he held on tight! We were flying in the air, and had a blast! Hunter says that was his favorite part of the weekend.
Sweet Trent was right behind Hunter the entire time, trying to keep up! He was pooped come 9pm! He was asleep the second his head hit that pillow. He said his favorite part was the fireworks! He sat in my lap and said "woa" at every firework. I enjoyed the cuddle time!
Faith Ann was a trooper. She enjoyed the boat ride and was passed around from person to person. I think her favorite part of the weekend was crawling up and down their stairs...that was not my favorite part! But, with someone right behind her, this entertained her for hours! I put her hair up in a ponytail, and I could have just died! It was adorable. She sure is growing fast! And, little miss has just now decided to crawl like a real baby! haha! She does the legit hand/knee crawl now, no more funny scoot! She is SO close to walking on her own. She walks all around while holding someones hand. At this point, it's just a confidence thing. Any minute now, she is going to let go and take off!
After the kids were asleep, Scott and I went spotlighting for alligators. We each had a kayak and Scott had a huge spotlight. Scott told me to look for bright red eyes. I wasn't really expecting much, but we did see 4 alligators!! Crazy! They were tucked back in the swampy area. It was actually neat to have a wild little excursion by ourselves.
We have a couple more vacations in July, our 10 year anniversary and Trent's 3rd birthday! This is a busy month, but a FUN month!! Looking forward to our adventures, and thankful for our wonderful 4th of July!

No comments:

Post a Comment