Monday, July 13, 2015

Marble Falls

We just got back from Scott's family reunion. We go to his uncles lake house in Marble Falls every summer. This is such a beautiful lake, gorgeous home, and wonderful amenities...full with wave runners, kayaks, paddle boards, tubing, wake boarding, boat surfing, skiing, hammocks, and loads of family fun!
It is our family, Scott's sister and her family, Scott's brother, his cousins and their babies, his aunts/uncles, his mom was able to make it in from California too. His wonderful grandmother comes and this is the highlight of her year to have all of us together. Sweet Mimi is one of a kind, and she adores her great grandchildren!
Hunter was SO brave! He was all about water sports. He was a tubing machine and kept putting his thumb up for "faster!" He went by himself with a huge smile. He must take after me because I am the tubing champion!! Seriously! No one has been able to knock me off the tube since I was 10 years old! This weekend was no exception. Scott's uncle was determined to throw me off. Nope, I used the fun techniques of tubing and flew around that water like a skipping rock. My bikini bottom nearly fell off, but I did not! I held on and had a blast! I LOVE tubing. I am definitely a water sport junkie!
Hunter also jumped off cliffs! It wasn't a huge cliff, but he hiked up there and jumped off. He has turned into quiet the adventurous type! Hunter also tried skiing. SO brave for a 4 year old. He was confident and excited. Not a fear or hesitation in the world. Scott got him situated and stayed in the water until the boat took off. Uncle Greg was in the boat ready to jump off and be at Hunter's aid if needed. The first attempt was awesome! He almost got up!!! He was so pumped! The second attempt was a tad scary. Hunter fell and didn't let go of the rope so he was drug under water for a second. Uncle Greg dove off that boat faster than the speed of light. He got to Hunter and took off the skis and held him tight. Such a great uncle! Hunter wasn't too discouraged. He said that he had enough and would try again when he was 5! Sweet boy! Gosh, I love his ambition to try new things!
Trent had a blast on the wave runners. He kept wanting me to do "the fun turning." To go along with my love of water sports, I love driving wave runners! I may have given Mimi a heart attack while she was watching me drive the boys! I can do all sorts of 360's, reverse donuts, and fun turns! The boys were obsessed, especially Trent. He wanted more and more! Water would come over the nose of the wave runner and get us soaking wet, and he was enjoying every second. Trent also slept a lot on the boat. My sweet boy. Scott's mom (Gigi) had a birthday cake to celebrate Trent's 3rd birthday coming up. Trent loved the attention!
Faith Ann spent time in her float, on the boat, swimming in the baby pool and being admired by family! She wants to walk so bad!! She can walk, she just needs the confidence. For now, she has to hold someones finger. This means someone had to walk her all weekend. It was kind of annoying, but so dang cute at the same time! She had a few 'spit fire' moments this weekend. I haven't seen this side of her yet..uh oh, she may have a pistol side to her! She threw one fit and was arching her back, screaming, hitting...it was shocking to see my totally chill princess act like that! I changed her diaper, gave her water, put her in the pack-n-play and left to let her calm down. After 10 minutes of crying, she laid there and twirled her hair and sucked her thumb. That may be what she needed...some alone time away from all the chaos. Anyways, she hasn't done that again so I will assume she was overstimulated. Surely, my easy going baby girl doesn't have a sassy side- haha, here's to hoping!!  Regardless, first tantrum for Faith Ann is in the books! Overall, she did amazing and looked adorable!
We always enjoy Scott's family, and we always look forward to this trip. Scott and I were on the edge of the seat the whole weekend since the house is right on the water. We were busy the entire weekend. But, I wouldn't change a thing. We will be able to lower our guard a bit as each year passes, but for now we are on our toes and loving the memories! What a great summer vacation!








1 comment: