Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Happy 32nd Birthday to ME

Yesterday, August 4th, was my 32nd birthday. It also would have been my parents 48th wedding anniversary. I was born on my parents 16th wedding anniversary, and Trent was born on our 7th wedding anniversary. I love sharing my anniversary with Trent, and I know mom enjoyed sharing their anniversary with me...makes for a very special day!! So this day is, yet another, day that I think of my mom! I had a wonderful birthday!
Scott planned a Buffalo Bayou picnic dinner float. It was amazing. We loaded up his truck with a double kayak and paddlepoard. We parked Scott's truck Downtown, so that it would be there when we were done with our float. Then, our friend took us to our launching spot near Memorial Park.
The float took us about 2 hours. We stopped at a 'beach/sand area' to have a picnic. Scott got my favorite...Southwells BLT! The most delicious BLT in town!! He packed a cooler with ice cold Corona Light, my other favorite! We sat and ate our picnic on the Buffalo Bayou with amazing views, all alone, right in the heart of the hustle and bustle of Houston! It's amazing to feel so secluded in the big city!
We passed lots of random bridges, gorgeous houses, high end restaurants, and lots of wooded areas. Such a great experience.  Then, we ended in Downtown with Scott's truck right by the bayou! Downtown was the most beautiful part! I loved paddleboarding into the skyline of Downtown Houston. Scott timed the float so that we get to Downtown as the buildings and bridges turned all their lights on. It was beautiful!
Just before Downtown, we had to go under a bat bridge...huge bat population! Scott swears there were a million bats as we passed. I was a tad nervous as I paddled super fast, but we made it and it was fun! They have a "bat observance deck" above that bridge. So people were all laughing as we paddled through it. Just another adventure!
Uncle Greg babysat the kids. They LOVE Uncle Greg, and he is so wonderful with our kids. It was a wonderful night, great memories and an awesome start to another year!

No comments:

Post a Comment