Wednesday, August 26, 2015

1st Day of Pre-K for Hunter

Hunter is now at Rummel Creek Elementary. Officially a big boy! He started Pre-K a couple days ago, and he couldn't be more excited. He has Ms.Hansen and Ms. Barnes. Ms. Hansen and I have been friends for years, so I know he is in wonderful hands!
I used to go to Rummel Creek. My mom used to be assistant principal at Rummel Creek years ago. She was actually principal while I was there! Some of the office staff is still the same as when I went to Rummel Creek. My sister in law, who also lives down the street, is also a teacher at Rummel Creek. Hunter's cousin/best friend (Ally) goes to Rummel Creek, 9 kids on our small street all go there too! To say the least, we feel very comfortable there. Our roots are deeply established in that school, and I feel that this all gave Hunter an extreme amount of confidence on his first day.
He didn't have an ounce of fear...all excitement! He was beaming! His joy was radiating from him! We had a good breakfast at home, lots of pictures and I loaded the car with his teachers gifts. We headed to school...for the first time! Scott stayed home with Trent and Faith Ann because we knew the school would be crazy. So, Hunter and I embraced the moment together!
He walked straight to his class, hung up his backpack, sat in his chair...all while having a giddy smile on his face. He knew this was BIG, a big step! He was proud. I was proud of my sweet boy. He is beyond ready for this chapter.
He rode the bus home from school. His cousin Ally, along with our street friends, all ride the bus. Hunter was sooo excited to ride the bus! I sat at the bus stop, couldn't wait to hear all about his day. The bus pulled up, and there Hunter was, on the top of the stairs with a HUGE smile. I could feel his excitement oozing from the bus! Ally was behind him, holding his backpack, with a big smile...so proud of her cousin! This was a proud moment for me. To see Hunter's confidence and Ally's love was priceless! He couldn't contain his joy, he jumped off the bus! Huge jump from the top stair. Then, he ran to me with a big hug! One of my best motherhood moments so far!
He had an amazing first day of school. He looked adorable! He said he wanted to be a principal or Sam Sann when grows up. Sam Sann is the American Ninja Warrior gym owner where we take our classes. He is an unbelievable ninja, and Hunter looks up to him so much! Or a principal?! Where did that come from? He may be following in his grandmothers footsteps. My mom would be so proud! Scott took Hunter to school on the 2nd and 3rd day because he just couldn't get enough of how excited Hunter was! Hunter is riding the bus to school tomorrow, and he is over the moon about this! Kate (my sister in law) said that she has seen Hunter in school, and he looks so confident! She said that he is truly blooming where he is planted! Amen!!!
This is the beginning of a long part of Hunter's life. I pray that he makes good choices, is always kind, is respectful, tries his hardest, and always has a love of learning! He is so overjoyed to learn, and I pray that his thirst for knowledge stays around for many years! I love this boy! I love this school! I love our community! Sweet Hunter, I am proud of you!


No comments:

Post a Comment