Monday, June 11, 2018

Leakey Family Reunion

My favorite annual tradition! Leakey, Tx. We head to the Hill Country for my dads side of the family reunion every summer. We love the Frio River. We have been doing this every summer since I was little. It is a cherished tradition that I look forward to carrying on forever. We stay in the same cabins every year , and do the same thing every year...float, visit, yard games, tons of simple fun!


There are a lot of babies!! My cousin, Sarah, has twin baby girls. My kids are obsessed. Hunter acted like the babysitter all weekend and Faith Ann was the "big sister!" Holding hands and talking to the babies. They asked me if we could have another one!!!! I opened my beer and said, "Just enjoy your cousins!" haha!






We literally go with the flow all weekend. Take morning walks, create yard games, and eat long meals. Plop our chairs in the Frio River and visit all day. It is HEAVEN! We skip rocks, fish, and laugh. The river was very low this year. So we didn't do much tubing. But, it was kind of nice because the babies could get around easily.



Bentley has come with us every year. She loves Leakey. She is getting old, and this trip showed it. Her feet hurt after running on those rocks. She was sore and tired. But she sure had a great time. We always say that her Heaven is going to be Leakey




Card games galore!!!! We sat around that picnic table and played for hours. Colored rocks and told lots of stories. We always enjoy talking about my mom on this trip. She brought so much life to our Leakey trips, so her memory is always a camp fire topic of conversation! Dad was missed too. He couldn't come this year. He is just too sick. Mostly bed ridden and actually in the hospital with another infection. That's a whole other topic!! But, Leakey is, hands down, his favorite place on Earth. So, we missed him! 




We played football until our arms hurt, dodge ball until our legs tired out, and hiked until our feet ached! The kids held hands, laughed, played and stayed by each others sides the entire time. Leakey....you are so dear to my heart!!!! Simple vacation. But always, our favorite!



No comments:

Post a Comment