Sunday, June 3, 2018

Gearing Up For Summer

As the school came to an end, we said goodbye to my car! I had it for 8 years. It was a great car. Lexus GX 470. It brought home all of my babies from the hospital. Went on many road trips and adventures. Full of strollers, car seats and memories. But, it was time. Little things started breaking, then bigger things. So, we found our new "family member." Infiniti QX80. Faith Ann and I ate ice cream in my car one last time before we said goodbye. One of Scott's clients owns a dealership in Dallas. They sent a driver to deliver my new car and drove off with my old one. Bittersweet. But, I LOVE my new car!

On another note...we lost an entire pine tree in our backyard! Faith Ann and I were in my bedroom. There was a bad storm, wind and rain. I saw a shadow, so I turned around to see the pine tree falling. It seemed to have been falling in slow motion. I grab Faith Ann and literally sprint outside the front door...as far away from the tree as possible. I scooped up Zoe in my other arm. Standing barefoot in the street, with screaming Faith Ann and a dog in my arms. Thankfully, as I ran outside, I heard the pine tree scratching our window. But, no damage!!!!! Didn't hit the house. But it "brushed" it and it was scary! We were out of power a while and a little shaken up, but we recovered! And so did sassy Faith Ann...she recovered back to her sassy self!


We have spent lots of our days at Rummel Creek. End of school picnics, field day and lunch fun! Faith Ann tags along and the boys love having us there! We are saying goodbye to Pre-K for Trent and 1st grade for Hunter. Their field day was SO SO much fun. I stayed the entire time! Trent won the award for jumping the furthest for Pre-K. So he got 2 weeks free at a sports camp. He us such a stud!



My love for fitness continues to grow! Some of my training partners and I tried Acro Yoga for the first time....loved it!!! So fun. Way harder than you would think, but now I want to learn some more tricks!!! And I won FIRST place in a national ninja competition! I continue to love the sport of ninja. The obstacles really are the most fun way to stay fit! Hunter is obsessed with all things ninja...he wore my first place medal to school. He is so cute and supportive! 


And My 25th!!!! The 11 year anniversary of my moms passing!!!!! Scott and I miss her SO much. I love this picture of us eating ice cream in Galveston. We were in high school in this picture and reminds me of how involved mom was. She was always present, ready to have fun and was always my foundation. She was me and Scott's "third wheel." She spent so much time with us, and we loved every second. We laughed so so hard together. I can only imagine the fun we would be having now!

Speaking of mom....Faith Ann is so much like my mom. She is sassy, funny, girly, tough, and more. She is the whole package. She lights up the room. She just has a way of connecting to people. Just ask her teacher...Ms. Angela. They adored each other!!! What a treasure Ms. Angela has been! FaithAnn has blossomed this school year. She is ready for Rummel Creek next year, and we are so thankful! We are ready for SUMMER 2018!


No comments:

Post a Comment