Wednesday, June 6, 2018

SCHOOL IS OUT

GREAT school year!!!! Hunter sailed through 1st grade. Trent blossomed in Pre-K and FaithAnn is confident and ready for Rummel Creek. I couldn't have asked for more. New friends were made, old friends deepened. I walked the boys to school for their last day. Faith Ann and I headed home to decorate for their summer surprise. NEW BIKES! Faith Ann had a great time decorating and making name tags for the bikes. They have been hiding in my elderly neighbors house for a month! Such amazing neighbors we have!!! He said "I will store anything you ever need, I just love watching your family soak up life!!' Amen to that!

"Boogie Down Brittmoore" is always on the last day of school. So, we loaded up our wagon full of water balloons and water guns. We parked our wagon and walked to pick up boys for early dismissal. We soak the 5th graders as they leave Rummel Creek for the last time before they graduate. The entire school gets involved. Scott even takes off work for the water balloon fun! After Boogie Down Brittmoore, the boys made it home to their surprise. They were SO excited!!! I haven't been able to peel them off since. 


So far, we have a had some afternoons at my dads. Visiting him and trying to do what we can to give him some quality memories. He is fading. Memory is in and out and body is atrophying. It is hard to watch. But, I try to remain present and bring the joy of my children around him as much as possible.



And Veronica and kids are in town from Brownwood for a week to kick off summer. I got Faith Ann and Gabriella matching swimsuits, and they are adorable! They love each other so much. I really love the my kids get to enjoy the friendships of their cousins. We are blessed, and we are officially head deep in summer! Here we go....

No comments:

Post a Comment