Wednesday, June 26, 2019

Teeth, Work and a Proud Mom

FaithAnn lost 2 teeth!! Well, she got them pulled. But, that still counts and the tooth fairy made her first visit! Two symmetrical molars on the bottom grew in an odd way. Tilted back making a cavity on the root inevitable. We've been watching them for a couple years, and it finally happened. Cavities on the root. There was nothing they could do! They formed an immediate abscess, which means they needed to be pulled out asap! We headed to a pediatric dental surgeon to pull them and place spacers in. Since she wasn't supposed to lose those teeth until like 9 years old, we didn't want her mouth spacing to get all messed up! So, he put in spacers to allow room for teeth to grow in. That was a very expensive tooth fairy visit, haha!!!


She had laughing gas and demanded that I sit next to her chair during the procedure. The dentist doesn't usually have parents in the room, but she was adamant! She got her way, and she was very well behaved and handled the procedure like a champ! Reading and writing....I have made the kids read and write every day this summer. They have really enjoyed it. I made them each a summer journal to write about summer. And I have enjoyed reading with them too. This is my attempt to avoid regression over summer!! Hope it works! We read 20 minutes a day, and write about 20 minutes too!


As a proud mom, I have to document their summer "job." I teach a kid fitness camp at church. 2 weeks over summer. Their job is to help me with it. We successfully made it through the first week. Hunter was in charge of the parents signing in and out each day. Trent was in charge of leading stretching and keeping the kids on task. FaithAnn was in charge of organizing snacks and water for the campers. They helped me set up, clean up and more! Just 2 hours for 4 days. There were 28 kids and just me as the only adult...plus my 3 kid helpers. And it was amazing!!! They took their job very seriously. They earned their pay!! $25 per kid, and they were pumped!! They stashed their money away for our upcoming Virgin Islands trip!

Watching them work made me feel good. Like I was forming their first experience as an employee. I am honored to have the experience to provide that for them. They are learning and growing so much this summer. I am proud. I am blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment