Saturday, September 18, 2010

Hunter's Story!

So, Monday morning (9/13) I woke up to go to my weekly doctor appt. I felt very shaky and sick to my stomach...I forced down 2 bites of cereal, which is very uncommon for me...I love my breakfast! Bentley wouldn't take her eyes off of me, and she looked very concerned as she would not leave my side. I asked her, "What's going on, do you know something I don't?"

This was the first doctor appt. that Scott couldn't come with me due to an important client meeting. So, I show up alone and the doctor asks, "How do you feel today?" And I say, "Not too good!" She proceeds to examine me and says, "I think I know why you don't feel good..You're in LABOR!!" I said, "Okay, well I need to go home and take care of the dogs!" She says, "Umm, no- you're going down to the 3rd floor...you'll be pushing soon!" I had been having contractions every 2-5 minutes for the past few weeks,so I thought nothing of the ones I felt that morning!

So, I call Scott as the big news is starting to hit me....his response with total joy, "Shut up, say you promise!!" Then, he gets in the car and flies to the hospital. I was 5 cm dilated and still feeling good at this point. All of a sudden between 5 and 6 cm...BAM, the Big contractions hit hard. I experienced only 3 contractions before my epidural and that was enough for me! I got my epidural and flew to 10 cm. in just an hour!

After 45 minutes of pushing....we welcome our sweet Hunter! That 45 minutes is a complete "fog" to me. Scott was such a trooper and a great partner! My labor and delivery went very smooth, and I feel truly blessed. Hunter's "Guardian Angel- Zsa Zsa (my mom)" must have really pulled some strings up in Heaven;) Scott and I thought Hunter was just PERFECT from the very start!

The hospital stay was so FUN! We broke all sorts of rules by having too many visitors! Hunter is already loved by so many people. We want to thank everyone for being so supportive during this whole hospital experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment