Saturday, September 18, 2010

Welcome Home!

We headed home Wednesday night. I have the BEST friends in the world! Our house was totally decorated for Hunter's arrival! My sweet aunt stayed with us...good thing because it was a tough night! I was anxious because we got home so late and I didn't have time to feel "settled" much less take a shower! The next morning was our pediatrician appt...which was a total disaster! On the good side, Hunter is very healthy and looks great!

But here is the reality of "first time parents..." we show up late with Hunter buckled totally wrong in his carseat...with no hat or socks on! He had a dirty diaper and dry poop on his back from the night before (that is another story and one reason Hunter had such a rough night...total explosion!) Anyways, she says, "Hand me a diaper..." Scott and I say, "Umm, we forgot our diaper bag!" The story goes on and on...but, we will look back at that appointment and laugh SO hard one day!

The second and third night were AWESOME and he is a wonderful baby...so far, so good! I think my "nerves" and energy have a lot to do with how he feels! I am much more relaxed and enjoying every second!

Bentley and Zoe are so curious but have already adapted to Hunter, and they have accepted that "he is here to stay!" We love them so much and have no doubt that Hunter will have a wonderful relationship with his "big sisters!"

No comments:

Post a Comment