Thursday, September 23, 2010

Meat and Potatoes Kind of Guy!!

Can you believe it...Hunter is 1 week old! He has already grown and changed so much. Speaking of growing...our little man is packing on the lbs! The doctor said, "It usually takes 2 weeks for a baby to get back to its birth weight...and Hunter, well-it took him 1 week to surpass his birth weight by 6 oz!!" Hunter is now 6.3 lbs and he is an eating machine. He is definitely going to be a "Meat and Potatoes kind of guy!!" I should have known this by the way he used to respond to bacon while I was pregnant!

The doctor said that I have "high calorie/fattening milk!!!" Since his weight is flying upward...I no longer have to wake him throughout the night for feedings. This is wonderful!! I feed him around 11 pm and he doesn't wake up until 5:30 for a feeding...I wake him up around 2:00 because "mother nature" wants me to feed (Ladies, you know what I'm talkin' about!)

We have had tons of visitors, and Hunter is getting plenty of hugs and kisses! He loves to be held, but he also loves his "alone time" without being touched! Zoe and Bentley are really enjoying Hunter. Bentley just wants to lick and stare all day and Zoe stays by his side..she thinks it is her new "squeak toy!!" I say squeak because Hunter makes very little noise...he DID NOT get this from me!! We have heard him scream/cry about 3 times and the rest are just "whimpers, moans." I really hope this continues.

Scott and I are getting SO spoiled...our wonderful friends have set up a dinner schedule, and Scott and I are getting catered to for 5 weeks! We are so grateful for your generosity...it takes "shopping, cooking, cleaning" off of my list, which I am so thankful for! Scott and I also enjoyed a "date morning" alone. We went out to breakfast and took our sweet time! We sat and visited for an hour after we ate! It was nice to get out with Scott, and we will continue to make "date night/date morning" a priority!

Hunters smile has already stolen my heart. Yes, I know a smile sometimes means a "toot" is coming on...but regardless, it is so stinkin' cute! He smiles a lot and is a very alert baby with those BIG eyes (like his Daddy!) Scott is back to work (first day was Wednesday) and he called 4 times to check on us, and he dropped everything to hold Hunter the second he walked in the door. Hunter is one lucky fella to have Scott as a Dad! I am so blessed to stay at home with my sweet boy...we have already had fun and I know it will continue to get better and better.

All in all...here is my one week "wrap up." As of now, Hunter has Scott's eyes, my "bottom half of face," he is laid back like his Daddy (not like Mommy), he is soft spoken like is Daddy (not like Mommy), and he is has very lanky legs, arms, fingers, toes...like his Mommy and Daddy~!!

Soakin' up the Sun...Hunter and Daddy time outside. The doctor said to give him "nude/partial sun" time to help with his jaundice eyes (which are totally better now!) This picture wraps up his personality...calm, cool, and collected!

No comments:

Post a Comment