Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy 4th of July

I love long weekends! Saturday, July 2nd, would have been my moms 66th birthday....a bittersweet day! She loved Princess Hamburger, so the whole family goes there every year to reminisce on the wonderful years with mom! I could never put words to describe how much I miss her. I can't imagine what a birthday party is like in Heaven...she probably had the best party ever full of family, dancing, good food, and of course, lots of laughter!!
This past week has been pretty low key. Hunter had a sore throat last weekend and he hardly ate for 2 days. He had no fever and continued to sleep great (thank goodness.) It was just his eating, he would cry because he was hungry but then wouldn't eat due to the pain! But, he was all better after 48 hours. That was the first time that he truly didn't feel good, and dealing with a sick baby is NO fun!! It was stressful...is he eating enough? Is he going to get dehydrated? Did I give him too much medicine, or maybe not enough? Does he want to be held, or left alone? Why did he do that? !!!!!!Ugh, I felt very insecure in my mothering as I questioned everything!! Times like this is when I miss my mom the most! Glad it is over and we are back to our old tricks!I've also spent some time making Hunter's playroom. This is the room by the backdoor, we have very little extra space...so we had to work with what we have! He loves it so far, and it has provided hours of entertainment.
 The rest of this post is going to be things that I love most about Hunter right now:
  • he eats like a PIG! He is still breastfeeding 5 times a day in addition to breakfast, lunch, snack and dinner. He loves avocado, potato, brussel sprouts, all vegetables, yogurt, puffs, mango, papaya, lunch meat, cheese, meatballs (broken up), sausage, scrambled eggs,all fruit, toast, chicken...yep all this with NO teeth!
  • He is rough on his toys..all boy!
  • The noise he makes when he yawns
  • His thumb nail is EXACTLY like Scotts
  • Hits my chest or bottle while he is eating...this is a sign that he is eating good!
  • Will bend his neck backwards to watch me walk in and out of the room, and he will lean and stretch to see if he can see me
  • Loves swimming, and he dunks his own head into the water
  • His mouth is always WIDE open
  • He makes this panting breathing noise out of his nose when excited
  • His lips when he cries...he smudges them in the sweetest shape!
  • He has the sweetest clap
  • He has to have an outing everyday...he gets mega cabin fever, like his momma!!
  • He is so patient
  • He can be SO WILD yet so chill- great combo!
  • He rubs his belly at night after he eats and is ready for bed
  • He can entertain himself for hours
  • This list could be forever long. I love everything about him!




1 comment:

  1. the hunting duck float is fantastic! and where did you find such an amazing playmat! We totally need one!

    ReplyDelete