Thursday, May 16, 2013

10 Months

My sweet baby!! Trent is a breath of fresh air, he is this calming force in the hussle and bussle of the day to day stuff! God blessed him with the ability to provide comfort, calmness, contentedness, and serenity! Wow, that is natural gift that so many people work their whole lives to achieve! I am sure that he will get more vocal and rowdy as he ages, but I feel that his foundation will always be comforting!
He is just happy with whatever life throws his way. You put him in the jumper, he's happy-  put him on the floor, he's happy- feed him, he's happy- or forget to feed him, he's happy!! My friends all joke "wait, we forgot about Trent...is he here?" One of our favorite Trent jokes, we always say, "if Trent could talk he would say things like- mom, when you get a second will you feed me please? When you have a chance, please get me out of the crib!" Not joking, he is that laid back!!
He has fully recovered from his ear infection. So, now he can check his first illness off our list! I've said it 100 times, but Hunter is an unbelievable big brother! He is protective over Trent and is just so sweet to him! He gives Trent tons of kisses, always makes sure he has a toy, and runs to his aid every time Trent makes a peep! They play games together....roll the flashlight back and forth, pat pat each others knees, peak a boo! It is so sweet that Hunter creates these "baby games" in order for them to play together!! Hunter tries to teach him how to crawl, and he is so proud of Trent every time he does anything cute, funny or new!! Gosh, their friendship melts my heart.
In regards to milestones, not much has changed with Trent. Our biggest change has just happened this week. He has weaned himself from breastfeeding!! He now gets a few bottles a day of either pumped milk or formula, but his main intake is food! In true Trent fashion, he literally feeds himself his bottles! I lay him in crib (at afternoon nap and bedtime) with his bottle, I come back 10 minutes later and he is sound asleep with the empty bottle right next to him! I just love his simple little heart!! Here are a few standouts for my 10 month old Trent!!
  • still no teeth
  • not crawling yet, but is 'dragging' on the floor a little
  • he "pivots" in circles on his bottom to get from point A to point B
  • is starting to pull up on things
  • sleeps 7-7:30
  • morning nap 9:00-10:30 afternoon nap 1:00-3:30
  • size 3 diaper
  • size 9-12 mo clothes
  • claps all the time- so cute
  • likes his pacifier
  • sleeps in sleepsack
  • breakfast, lunch, snack and dinner (eats meals same times as Hunter)
  • morning bottle, afternoon nap bottle and bedtime bottle
  • he has these "wild spurts" of energy that crack me up, he flings his head around with his arms in the air like he is trying to hard to be wild!!
  • he likes all foods, and a lot of it!
  • he is very quiet in the car, which provides a little silent time (when Hunter is in school!)
  • he admires Hunter and always watches him
 I look forward to our journey ahead with these two as they continue to grow and learn who they are! Regardless of what phases they go through, I know that I have two very sweet hearted boys! My witty Hunter and my gentle Trent....I wouldn't have it any other way!

No comments:

Post a Comment