Thursday, May 9, 2013

Bring on the meat!!

Trent is obsessed with food- all food! He is totally over baby food, hasn't touched it since about 8 mo old! Now he is pretty much over nursing! Dr. Brack has told me that when he is ready to wean, he will wean himself. I didn't think he would only be 9.5 months old, but he is definitely weaning!
I offer him a bottle of pumped milk or formula throughout the day, and it's hit or miss. Sometimes he will have a few sips and others he just wants some meat!! I will nurse him in the morning, but lately he wants to go straight to breakfast! I'm not stressing over it because I know he is getting plenty of nourishment...the kid eats more than I do!!
Hunter and Trent are both big eaters, and I am kind of nervous about our teen years! I may have to go back to work to pay for their appetites! Dr. Brack said that I could start introducing whole milk to Trent at 11 months, so only a few more weeks until we can try that. I bet he is going to love it. Honestly, Hunter never really touched whole milk. To this day, he may have 10 sips of milk a week!! Again, no worries because he eats a very well rounded diet!
We actually had our first emergency visit last weekend. We all, except Trent, got the stomach virus last Wednesday. Hunter only threw up once then was "over it." He bounced right back and carried on. I continued to feel a little shaky "up and down" the rest of the week. Come Saturday, Hunter spiked 105.9 fever!! Yes, 105.9!! They took off his clothes, put ice packs on his feet, gave a big dose of medicine, and took blood work. Poor guy had to get poked 3 times, got his nose poked at to test for flu, he was miserable! Blood work showed a bacterial infection. The doctor said that the stomach virus manifested into this fever for Hunter. Makes sense because even I was still feeling kinda crummy! Signs you know you are in TEXAS...'swoop' hair, pink polo, camo shorts, cowboy boots and fishin' pole! No better place in the world!!
The fever broke, and the doctor said that the worst was over! We followed up with Dr. Brack on Monday. They looked over his blood work and gave him a full exam. They said that Hunter is in the clear now and his body just got rid of the stomach virus through fever rather than throwing up! I am so glad that he didn't throw up as much as me and Scott- that would be terrible! Dr. said that day 4 of bacterial infections are usually the worst for kids, which makes since- virus started on Wednesday and fever was on Saturday! Our bodies sure do weird things! I am so glad that Trent did not catch this virus...I don't know how?! I was literally throwing up, putting Trent in high chair, feed him, run to throw up....it was miserable!
Good news, Hunter's limp is gone! Hopefully, we are over this hump and are able to enjoy the start of summer! We are still doing lots of walking with our "walking team!" We love walking with Zoe and Bentley. Trent rubs Zoe with his feet, it is so cute! Hunter will protect Zoe "Baby Trent, don't kick too hard!" I am loving these boys more than ever. They continue to be this perfect dynamic of sweet, subtle, gentle and rough! They laugh at each other often and I am thoroughly enjoying watching their love for each other grow daily!!




No comments:

Post a Comment