Thursday, May 23, 2013

Wouldn't have it any other way!

A friend of mine that was born and raised in River Oaks told me "a stay at home mom in River Oaks means you have a personal trainer in the morning then do 'lunch' with your friends, and have nannies that take care of the kids." She was trying to decide if she was going to stay home with her kids, but she can't get this "stereotype" out of her mind. She doesn't want to be like that, so she was asking me questions about a normal stay at home mom in the good 'ole middle class! That's when I started thinking....even if I was made of money, I would want to raise my own kids! Sure a babysitter to help here and there is great, but I am their MOM, and I stay at home. It is MY job to do the dirty work, the fun stuff and the not so fun stuff! I love that I am their only 'go-to' during the day, I love that my child knows he can count on ME! I wouldn't have it any other way!
I told my friend that I still have a life, but my kids are part of that life!! I still go to lunch with my friends AND all the babies! I still go work out EARLY in the morning before Scott leaves for work or go on long walks WITH the kids! I run errands WITH my kids, I take them in and out of the car a million times and have 'time-outs' in the store! I don't have a nanny that comes everyday to make the meals, clean up after meals, change diapers, put kids to sleep, make beds, clean up toys. Nope, all me! I am on my hands and knees picking up smashed strawberries while folding laundry, full time! I wouldn't trade it...not even for a million dollar house, fancy cars, vacations, or a name brand wardrobe! All that stuff is STUFF! I don't have all the stuff, but I do have memories that will be stored in my heart forever. And, I wouldn't have it any other way!
I have to plan out my grocery runs while Hunter is in school, I have to plan my doctor appointments in advance and hope that my aunt can sit at my house during their nap. Everything I do, I first think of how I am going to make it work around my kids. I told my friend that it is the ultimate sacrifice to give 100% of your life to your kids, and if you want to exercise, pray in silence, read, or shop...you must prepare and schedule that time! You are truly living life FOR your husband and children. Again, I wouldn't want it any other way!
She said, "when I think of stay at home moms, I see a lady running around thinking she is "busy" in her expensive exercise clothes, with a full face of make up, on her way to get her nails done then picking up her pre-ordered dinner!" I laughed and said, "well let me correct you...I AM busy in old target pants with my makeup from yesterday still on my face, with chipped nail polish on my way to cook a pre-planned meal at my house!" And, I wouldn't have it any other way!
I am not against nannies, I am not against River Oaks, I am not against moms that do things differently than me. I was just having a real conversation with my friend that got me thinking....I have real mom moments, I have real friends, I have real children, I have real messes, I have real chaos, I really love my children and husband, and I really love my life just the way it is!! I wouldn't have it any other way!!



No comments:

Post a Comment