Sunday, May 25, 2014

8 Years Ago

Hard to believe that 8 years ago today, my mom passed away. Although that is a long time ago, I feel her more than ever! Having Faith Ann has made my mom's presence even stronger. So much of Faith Ann is based on my mom! Faith Ann's life is already full of stories and memories based around mom...her name, many items in her room (which I will post later), her baby book, her clothes!! I found that box in God's perfect timing. The box labeled "for Brandi's daughter" came into my life at the perfect time! It was full of my old Feltman Brother dresses along with other treasures. I put a dress on Faith Ann today in memory of mom...she looks adorable!

Years ago, I found mom's favorite nightgown while going through her clothes. I saved it, not knowing what I would do with it. That soft pink nightgown brought back many memories, I can still see mom in it!! I decided to make Faith Ann's baby book out of that nightgown. I used the fabric, buttons and lace from the gown to wrap her baby book! I LOVE the way it turned out. It is such a keepsake and will be a wonderful story for Faith Ann to always remember. Her nursery is full of items that were my moms, and I can't wait to finish her room and post pictures! I will tell the stories of each memorable item so Faith Ann will appreciate the love that has gone into her room!
You see, this is why I feel my mom more than ever. Her memory and presence is overflowing my heart as I love on Faith Ann. Mom and I were soul mates...we have been connected on a much deeper level from day one. My heart is so full!! Full of the feelings, memories and love I have for mom- and full of hope, excitement and unconditional love for my own daughter! We miss you mom...but Faith Ann is bringing your name, memory and legacy back to the forefront of everyone's mind. I have no doubt that you have already hugged Faith Ann. She brought me peace, just like your "Faith coin" brought you peace!! Faith Ann is my peace and comfort! I now understand the depth of a love for a daughter, and it has only made me love my mom more!


And by the way...Faith Ann's 2 week appointment was great! She is already a pound over her birth weight!! She is still sleeping wonderful at night, she gives us about 5-6 hour stretch! Her peaceful aura lightens my heart daily. She is so beautiful and special. She is starting to stay awake for longer chunks of time during the day. The boys and I love reading and singing to her while her eyes are open. Hunter is obsessed with her- obsessed! He sits on the couch for hours and just holds his sweet sister! Faith Ann, we love you. And today, I love and honor my mom's memory as I hug you!! May you always hold my mom's memory close to your heart!





No comments:

Post a Comment