Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Headed Home

We headed home after 2 nights in the hospital. So, we loaded our stuff and tried to time it in order to surprise the boys by picking them up from a birthday party with their sister in the car! We had the perfect going home outfit for Faith Ann...the shirt that I wore home from the hospital in 1983! I found it while helping dad move- in a box with mom's handwriting "for Brandi's daughter." There are some treasures in that box that I am so excited to be able to use!! My mom stashed away items from my childhood...God knew that one day I would find the box and continue to make my mom part of my daughters life! So special!
Call me crazy, but I drove myself home from the hospital. My car was already there, so we loaded up Faith Ann, and I headed to the birthday party to surprise the boys. However, I was a couple minutes late- they already left the party. I was so frustrated! But, God had a better plan for our family of 5. We had the perfect homecoming for Faith Ann.


I rushed home before the boys pulled up. Scott and I sat on the front porch holding Faith Ann. The boys got out of the car and RAN to us to welcome their sister. It was a simple moment, but so wonderful. My friend captured the moment, and I will cherish the pictures forever. It was so heartwarming to see Hunter running towards us with a huge smile. Trent running behind him with his arms open. I will forever remember that moment...pure joy!




Her first day home was low key. We unpacked and let the boys just admire her and ask a million questions. We went on a neighborhood stroll to try out our new creation!! I am a big walker, so I invented a way to walk with all 3 kids and 2 dogs. I had the idea and Scott made it work!! We attached a bike trailer behind the double stroller. It is attached by a pivoting device that allows the trailer to turn with the stroller! It works perfectly, and I'm sure everyone in the neighborhood will think I've lost my mind! Haha, whatever...I love my walks!! Our first family walk was a success- the invention works like a charm! It is very easy to push, way easier than a triple stroller!


 Faith Ann is a great eater with a strong latch, very strong- ouch! She is a fast and powerful eater, but her eyes are bigger than her appetite! She fills up pretty quickly- leaving me uncomfortable at times. However, the pay off is huge...full belly means good sleeping! She eats about every 3 hours during the day. Then the past couple nights she has eaten around 11:00pm, then wakes around 3:30 or 4:00, then wakes again around 7:00 to start the day. I know how fast things can change, so I am enjoying this phase right now! As of day 4- she is very laid back. The word that comes to mind is "peaceful." She has a peaceful demeanor, which warms my heart because mom's "Faith coin" provided her with peace during her sickness! That is why mom felt so strongly about the word 'Faith'...it gave her peace! I can feel my mom more than ever with Faith Ann in my arms! Welcome HOME Faith Ann. You are welcomed with endless love. 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment