Monday, May 19, 2014

One Week

It's been a little over one week with our sweet little girl. She is so tiny and perfect. Seriously, she is this piece of peaceful Heaven! I know we are still in that "sleepy phase," but I am enjoying this phase very much. She snuggles and cuddles...ahh, the best! She curls up on our chest and I can hear her breathing heavy as a sign of pure contentment, precious! She stretches and arches her back when she wakes, this is when you can see how skinny her tiny legs are!!

Right now, she pretty much eats and sleeps. She is eating like a champ. Breastfeeding is going smoothly and my body seems to have jumped right back into that mode. I am very grateful for this! We all know a full baby is a happy baby, and a happy baby makes adjusting to 3 kids a little easier!! Today is my first day alone with my sweet babies. Scott went back to work today. In a way, our days are smoother when Scott is at work. No doubt, our days are more fun with daddy- but, we function more like a 'well oiled machine' when daddy is at work.Faith Ann eats about every 3 hours during the day. She only eats for about 10-15 minutes...so I try to time lunch, snack, or a TV show during her feedings in order to occupy the boys. Regardless, being trapped in one spot for 15 minutes is going to be a challenge. Hunter needed me to wipe his bottom while Faith Ann was eating, and Trent was trying to open the refrigerator to get his water!! We will get into a system, but that has been the biggest adjustment for me so far.

Her sleeping is amazing! My boys were good sleepers, but Faith Ann is a rockstar. I am hesitant to write this because I know how fast things can change! For now, I feed her around 10:30pm and she sleeps soundly all the way until 3:45ish! She has given us 3 nights of going from 10:30pm-5:00am! Wow! She sleeps in a snuggle cradle thing by our bed that my brother let us use. It is amazing, she loves it!  Even though she is a great sleeper, I still wake often to look at her, wondering how such a tiny thing can sleep so long.
The cradle is lightweight and we move it around during the day. She also uses the mamma-roo, and likes to be propped on her tummy on the boppy pillow. We spend SO much time outside, so we leave the lamb swing in the garage so it is easy for me to pull out while the boys play. We do this everyday..the boys playing in the driveway while Faith Ann swings away. I have also used the sling thing that she is attached to my chest- this gives me free hands and keeps her close to me. So far, she doesn't prefer one thing over another, but she is a happy camper regardless of where she is. Of course, she LOVES to be held and on our chest. Scott and I just can't put her down after we put the boys to sleep...that is her time to be spoiled!

I have her 2 week appointment on Wednesday. Last week, the doctor said she was doing great and she was already back at her birth weight. She was slightly jaundice, not enough to cause concern but he said "a little sun won't hurt." Well, she has had lots of sun!! Faith Ann has lived outside with her brothers, and the neighbors love to see our family filling the street with adventure! I have noticed a little mark making its presence on her inner upper arm. Not sure if it's a birthmark or what? I will ask the doctor. We have been out and about a lot. Running errands with all 3 definitely takes more time. Loading them in the car, messing with the stroller, etc!! But, we are already on the go, and I know we will get quicker at loading up in no time!
Her room is slowly coming together, and her wardrobe is filling up quickly! Having a girl has been so much fun, and I know the fun will only continue. Most of all, a healthy baby is our biggest blessing. Oh my, I thank God daily for our healthy children!! She is so wonderful and beautiful! We are really loving this time in our lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment