Sunday, June 22, 2014

6 Weeks

I can remember being in school, and we got a report card every 6 weeks. Well, those 6 weeks seemed like forever! I have a whole new perspective on 6 weeks. Faith Ann is 6 weeks old and it has flown by! Mom told me that time moves faster the older you get. That is a true statement!!
Faith Ann is still a peaceful, sweet, and gentle addition to our family. Peacefulness exudes from her. From day 1...Hunter was joyful, spunky, and full of life. Trent was cool, calm and collected. There is one perfect word for Faith Ann...peaceful. From day 1, she has brought a peace to our home and family! It definitely feels "full circle" in our home these days. The chemistry has a great balance. It feels good- it feels right!
This picture makes me laugh! Can you spot the "attitude" in the pic?

When Faith Ann was born RIGHT when school ended, I thought "oh my, long summer days at home with all 3 kids will be tough!" But this has been the perfect way to start Faith Ann's life. Our life is pretty simple right now with walks, play dates, a few summer activities for the boys, outside play time, long meals, slow moving mornings, and time just being together. School brings rushed mornings, shuffling in the car, etc. So, this timing has worked out beautifully for us to slow down and enjoy Faith Ann.
Faith Ann continues to be a good eater and sleeper. She is still breastfeeding, and things are going smooth with that. She has been my best sleeper! The boys were great sleepers, but Faith Ann puts them to shame! She has only woken once a night since birth (usually between 3:30-5:30.) There have been a few nights that she goes all the way to 6:00am. Now, it could be that I wear earplugs so I don't hear every grunt and moan!! She is still in the cradle next to our bed...mainly because it is so easy! We have our system. I roll over to feed her, then she is asleep 15 minutes later. I don't have to get up, so this system is working and I hate to change things up! I honestly don't want to put her in her crib...maybe because things are so smooth right now- or maybe because she could be our last baby, and I don't want to rush it?? Either way, we are all happy campers!

The thought that she may be our last baby has changed my perspective on many things! I feel like I am enjoying the newborn phase so much this time around. I actually lay down on the couch and have her sleep on me! For those that know me...it is rare for me to lay down. A few years ago I was laying down on the couch when Scott walked in, and he asked me "are you okay, do we need to call an ambulance?" He says that he was only slightly kidding, but point is that I am not a "relaxer." Faith Ann has made me want to relax, lay down and feel the calmness of a newborn! I'm telling you...she is so darn peaceful that she makes me want to lay down and just be in the moment!! To me, this is a whole new feeling and experience and I am loving it!
Happy 6 weeks to my little girl! Each child has changed me, each child has made me a better person, each child has brought a new purpose and perspective to my life. I can't help but feel like God has wanted me to slow down, be in the moment, and embrace simplicity...Faith Ann has given me those gifts!



No comments:

Post a Comment