Monday, June 2, 2014

One Month

Faith Ann will be one month old in a few days! Crazy how fast time is moving. Time seems to move faster with each child! Summer is here and Hunter is no longer in school. We will have a lot of home time this summer. Hunter and Trent are both in a week long soccer camp, and they are also both in Vacation Bible School for one week in July. The girl next door is teaching private swimming lessons, so both boys will be doing that twice a week throughout the whole summer. And Trent is doing a few days of a tumbling camp. Other than those activities- we are home and playing with friends!
I plan on "exploring Houston" this summer with my sweet kids. I have a list of places that I plan on visiting...splash pads, parks, tourist sites, etc. Faith Ann will have lots of outside play time, lots of being toted around with her brothers and many play dates this summer! We still go eat lunch with Scott every Wednesday. It has been just Trent and Faith Ann, but now it's summer and I will have all 3 in tow. We love our Wednesday lunch with daddy, it is such a special memory that we will all hold close to our hearts! We have been going every Wednesday since Hunter was born! Hunter is so excited that it is summer because he can go to daddy's office for lunch! All the people that work in Scott's lobby were SO excited to meet Faith Ann! Trent rides on the "skateboard" as we walk to the Galleria for lunch. He thinks it is so cool!

Her mark on her upper inner arm is still there, and the doctor thinks it is vascular tissue that will fade as she fills out and her skin thickens. It's weird, sometimes the mark is almost gone. Then it gets darker as she moves around her arm. The color of the mark is based on the blood circulation in her arm, which is why the doctor does not think it is a permanent birthmark. However, my mother instincts think there is some degree of birthmark involved. Our plan is to wait a few months to watch it fade, which Dr is confident that it will. If not, I will go see a dermatologist to get more information. Believe me, I know that a mark is nothing to worry about and such a small issue in the big scheme of things. We will deal with it as it plays out, and the answer may be "it is what it is." If that is the case, Faith Ann will have an extra mark that God picked just for her.
It's official...we call her Faith Ann. I wasn't sure if we were going to call her Faith or Faith Ann. Well, Faith Ann has stuck so far. Everyone has been calling her that too, and it sounds so beautiful! It has such a Southern charm to it. And I love the story behind her full name, so it warms my heart to call her Faith Ann! She continues to be so wonderful. She sleeps and eats great, which is pretty much all she is doing these days! She still gives us a 5-6 hour stretch at night. I feed her around 10:30pm and she wakes up between 3:30am-5:00am!! She is sleeping in her cradle next to our bed. She's a fast eater. So, I just roll over and feed her. 20 minutes later she is asleep again in her cradle. It still takes me a while to fall back asleep, but I certainly can't complain about her sleeping patterns! Faith Ann is still looking adorable in my old Feltman Brother dresses. She wears one every Sunday to church, and she looks like such a doll!!
She had a random episode of projectile throw up this past weekend. It was directly after a feeding. Oh my, it was a ton of spit up! She only did it after that one feeding. Maybe she just had air in her tummy? Hope so! I sure hope she doesn't start doing that often- it was nasty! It didn't bother her in the least!
The boys are continuing to be obsessed with her. Hunter holds her every morning while I get dressed and make the beds. He holds her for like 30 minutes!! Faith Ann is so content in Hunter's arms- so sweet!! Trent just gives her lots of kisses and puts the pacifier in her mouth every time she makes a peep! They have the sweetest, most gentle hearts! Faith Ann is so blessed to have those two boys!
Here is what our days look like...I wake her to feed around 7:30am to start our day. Then she eats 10:30am, 1:30pm, 4:30pm, 7:30pm, 10:30pm then she wakes between 3:30-5:00am for her night time feeding. She stays awake for about 1 hour after each feeding. Then she sleeps about 2 hours before I feed her again! She is pretty easy and goes with the flow. She loves to be held, she is a total snuggle bug! We go on our walks every morning, and we stop traffic with our "walking crew!" I get comments like "you have your hands full" and "woa, the whole family is in tow!" Our walks are an important time of our day, it is our quiet time...the boys relax and Faith Ann sleeps for the whole 3 miles. It is my time to mentally relax and what keeps me sane, and in shape as I push/pull this huge walking load! Faith Ann, happy one month...you bring a whole new dimension to our family.





No comments:

Post a Comment