Friday, June 6, 2014

In the Groove

We are officially in the groove! Having 3 kids throws off a few things because mom and dad are outnumbered. But, we have figured out our new systems. Here is what is working for us at the moment. Starting in the morning, Scott gets the boys situated (eating breakfast and watching cartoons) while he gets ready for work. I am feeding Faith Ann during this time. Once Scott is ready to leave...all kids are fed and the day is ready to start! This makes for a pretty smooth morning.
Hunter holds Faith Ann every morning while I am getting dressed and making beds. He sits on the couch with her on his lap (in the boppy pillow.) She is a happy camper and loves to be in her brothers arms! Hunter adores her! He is my helper!
We have our system for getting in and out of the car. I open the door for the boys to climb in. I put Faith Ann in the car while they pick a toy from the "toy basket" and get situated in their seat. Then, I buckle them in the boys and we are off! For unloading...I first get Faith Ann's carseat in the snap and go stroller. Then, I unbuckle the boys. They take turns jumping out the car. Trent knows to immediately hold my hand and Hunter knows to hold the stroller. They know if they "argue" or fuss about the rules...that means no toy next time they get in the car. It works! 
The boys now know the rules while I am feeding Faith Ann. They know to give me space, hands off Faith Ann, play quietly with only one toy (or else everything will be out in 5 minutes), or bring me a book to read to them while I feed. It works for us and Faith Ann is eating like a champ...fast and efficient!
We play outside every evening while waiting for Scott to get home. I put Faith Ann in the lamb swing or hold her, the boys play and we are so excited to see daddy pull in the driveway! Once Scott gets home, they all play outside while I go inside and finish the dinner I already started. I put the plates on the table, then they all come in and eat!
Scott is in charge of the boys after dinner. I clean up after dinner then feed Faith Ann. I also bathe Faith Ann (some nights) and get her in her pajamas. Scott cleans up the boys or does bath time. Then, he gets the boys ready for bed and gets them in bed, reads them a book. Then, I come in and have the boys give me and Faith Ann hugs and kisses and say prayers as a family. After the boys are tucked in, Scott holds Faith Ann and we relax until her 10:30 feeding.
While I am feeding Faith Ann at 10:30pm...Scott is getting the bed ready, turning off all lights and getting the house/dogs ready for the night. We are both in bed at the same time by the time I am finished feeding. I put Faith Ann in the cradle next to the bed for the night. This is just what is working for us as a family of 5! I wanted to document what our normal days are like these days! Loving it!




No comments:

Post a Comment