Friday, June 27, 2014

Good People

We have some very good people in our lives- more than I can write about. But, here's to name a few that have touched our lives lately...
Mr. P!! We eat lunch with Scott every Wednesday. We started this when Hunter was born. We meet in the lobby of his office (Williams Tower), then we walk the sky bridge to the Galleria. We usually eat Chick-fil-a in the food court. Such a simple lunch, but the impact is HUGE. The boys anticipate Wednesday lunch with daddy. A sweet man, Mr. P, is the shoe shiner that works in the lobby. He has seen us every Wednesday from day one. He has watched our family grow! Part of our Wednesday lunch is to visit with Mr. P. He usually has a treat for the boys and always gives hugs! Last week he took the boys to the candy store and let them pick whatever they wanted. Mr. P will be a cherished childhood memory. He has a sweet soul, and he loves my children and our family. We love Mr.P! 
My niece, Ally! My boys adore her. She lives down the street from us, and we see her often. She is 8 years old. Her "summer job" is to be my nanny! She comes over twice a week for a few hours to help me out. She really is a great help! She plays with the boys while I have alone time with Faith Ann. She helps me get dinner ready. Basically, she is another set of hands. I pay her with clothes! I bought her bathing suits and cover ups for the summer. And, I am buying her back to school wardrobe at the end of summer. She is ecstatic about her "pay," and I am very appreciative for her help. She brings an extra dose of love and laughter in our home!
My Aunt Sandra. My dads sister, Sandra, helped my dad clear out his house when he moved. She came across some of my moms pink seer-suckered placemats. Mom used these often, and I especially have memories of her setting the table with these for Easter! Sandra took them home with her. When Faith Ann was born, Sandra decided to use them for a blanket! She made a quilt using these placemats and she monogrammed nursery rhymes on the blanket. On the back of the blanket she monogrammed a sweet message, Faith Ann's name and birthday. Sandra just surprised me with the blanket, and I LOVE it! So very special and thoughtful! 

This list could go on and on. We are very blessed with many good people in our daily lives. Faith Ann is a lucky little girl to be welcomed by so many people that loved her before they even knew her!!

No comments:

Post a Comment