Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Happy Birthday, Scott

Scott turns 32 today. Happy Birthday to the most loyal, genuine, simple man I know. He is my life-line, my foundation, my stability, my laughter, my best friend- my everything! Yes, being a spouse is to be someones partner in life. But, Scott has redefined the meaning of the word 'partner.'
His natural ability to be a father blows my mind! He often loads up all 3 kids and heads out! They go fishing, go look at boats at Bass Pro Shop, look at the animals at PetsMart, browse Academy. He genuinely loves just being with his children! The kids look forward to their outings just as much as Scott does. Scott handles the children just like a mother would! On the weekends- he often prepares their food, bathes them, reads/plays with them, loads them up and runs errands, dresses them in the morning. Amazing! He just steps up to the plate because he wants his children to rely on him, need him, and want him in all areas of life.
 Scott has made a conscience investment....quality of time! He treasures his time with his family. Scott is 100% 'hands on deck' the second his car pulls into the driveway until the second we turn out the lights. He doesn't watch TV, doesn't play on phone...he gives us ALL of him! Let me tell you...this investment has paid off! Our children ADORE Scott and worship the ground he walks on! The kids are at complete peace with Scott. They trust and honor Scott with every ounce of their being!
 Scott is a good good man! He has far exceeded my expectations! Scott is way more than my partner, he is my world! We are two puzzle pieces that have molded into one. We don't know life without the other. Scott is often my better half. He is the most patient man you will ever meet. In the most admirable way- he is soft spoken and gentle. Those are the characteristics that make him so strong and respectable.  
After nearly 16 years of being together...we still laugh HARD often! Just last night, Scott got the kids together on the couch and brought me in the room. He said we needed to have an intervention. You see, I ate all his birthday cookie cake from work- oops! So, Scott said, "Bran, we are all here because we love you. We are going to say what we have to say- then you are free to go." If you have ever seen the show 'Intervention,' you know this is a scene from that show! Scott then had Hunter say, "you need to stop eating Daddy's food." Then Scott said, "see Bran, this is effecting everyone!" We CRACKED up. This is typical for us...we are just silly- or weird! We have our own American Idol auditions, our own language, we make up commercials, so much more! Scott makes life more fun! We just 'get' each other like no one else in the world!
And Faith Ann...you have stolen a part of your daddy's heart that I thought only I could have! ha! I guess I will share that spot of his heart with you!! He holds his "baby girls" on a pedestal...and Faith Ann's pedestal is only getting higher and higher each day! Scott is wrapped around Faith Ann's finger...every single finger and every toe!
Scott- you continue to amaze me. You continue to make me smile and laugh. You continue to make me look forward to the future while also embracing the present. On top of all of this, you are pretty darn handsome! I pretty much hit the jackpot! Happy Birthday to the best husband and father in the world!









No comments:

Post a Comment