Sunday, January 25, 2015

Sunny Sunday

Just checking in on this beautiful Sunday! Scott went hunting this weekend, so I have been ridin' solo with all 3 kids in tow! I am ready for Scott to get home...countdown has begun and he will be home soon! And Scott had to work late a few nights last week, plus going out of town- this has been a long week! Wait- tomorrow is already Monday?! Lord, please grant me an extra dose of patience. Ahhhh, good thing these 3 are so precious! It is SO unusual for Scott to work late, and he rarely leaves town. So, he deserved the break.
 
This weekend was a fun one! Faith Ann had her first "all girls party" on Friday night. My niece, Ally, had a Spa theme birthday party. About 30 nine year olds filled their home for manicures and facials!! I was in charge of painting nails. Faith Ann tagged along to be part of the girls party. It was great, and Faith Ann was extremely loved on! Grandpa (Scott's dad) babysat the boys while the girls partied. We spent most of the weekend outside, and I even loaded them all up for church this morning!
I have a busy week as I prepare for my Dads party this weekend. So cute...he wanted to throw a "bash" for his 72nd birthday. He said, "why the hell not?!" He wanted a classic country band, good food, and tons of people. I joke that it is going to be an old man's fraternity party! Haha! He is so excited! We are headed to the Firehouse Saloon, with an old school/classic country band. We are expecting 75 people! Ninfa's Mexican food is being catered, and a steady flow of beer and wine. See what I mean...old man fraternity party! I just know we are all going to have a blast!
On Dad's bucket list is to sing the song "Redneck Mother" on the stage with a country band. I talked to the band, and that will be Dad's big surprise! He will be checking off his bucket list and singing on stage with the band! He will be over the moon! Dad says, "I'm not healthy enough to travel, I don't have a wife to go out to eat with all the time, so I'm going to spend my money on a big party!" Whoohoo! We all definitely have the party gene in our blood- this should be fun!
I will be getting ready for the party all week. Making table centerpieces, sign in book, desserts, finalizing arrangements, etc. My cousin is coming in town from Dallas to stay with us for the party. She has 2 kids (Hunter and Faith Ann's age) so the kids will have fun too. We are getting a couple babysitters to take over while we cut loose! Have a great week and remember age is just a number! A good party can keep us all young, well...young at heart anyways!




No comments:

Post a Comment