Wednesday, January 14, 2015

No News

No news is good news. This is the post about nothing! We are still enjoying our weekly Wednesday lunch with Scott. This was always Hunter's highlight of the week, and still is during summertime. He has been in school on Wednesdays- so we go with just Trent and Faith Ann. We decided to let each child have their moment and alone time with daddy! Hunter had Wednesday lunch alone for 22 months before Trent tagged along. Trent had alone time for about 10 months, and now he is enjoying his Wednesday lunches with Faith Ann! Soon enough, Faith Ann will have her Wednesday lunch alone when Trent starts school this August. Nothing fancy...just walking the sky bridge from his office to the galleria, visiting with Mr.P the shoe shine man, eat chick fil-a, and make a few stops at fun stores. Simple and memorable, and by far my favorite tradition that Scott and I have as a family!
Faith Ann is starting to show signs of mobility. She is really scooting around on her tummy, and starting to reach for tables to pull up. She hasn't pulled up alone yet, but she is able to with very little assistance. I suspect that she will be on the move within the month- maybe? Either way, I am fine because I love a stationary baby that you don't have to worry about!
 She does this ADORABLE head tilt that will melt your heart! She turns her head sideways and looks at you with a huge smile! She mainly does it while I am holding her. She will tilt her head so far to the side like she's trying to get my attention, then she smiles so big when I look at her. She does it to other people too while I hold her. Her little flirty gesture has made many people smile! This girl just makes ya feel good!
She now claps all the time! So cute! I love to watch her tiny hands as she claps away. She kicks her legs at the same time as she's smiling. Hands down- she is the happiest person ever. Someone told me the other day, "you can tell that her heart is happy." Not only did that make me proud, but it is so true. You can feel her happiness from her inside out!
Scott asked me the other day what my favorite thing about Faith Ann is. Honestly, I couldn't say just one thing! What makes her most beautiful is that her inner beauty shines through her eyes and smile! Gosh, I love too much about her! She continues to be my peace.
She is also tough as nails! Her brothers play with her all the time. This often leads to them pushing her around the house on her tummy, playing football with her, building forts, pushing her in the swing, and so much more! They were playing duck duck goose the other day. They were tapping her head and saying duck. Well the taps keep getting harder and harder. They were running right behind her. I watched closely. She wasn't phased by all the physical commotion! She is just so cool! Speaking of her brothers...Hunter and Trent are thick as thieves! No pun intended- they better not be thieves! But their loyalty, friendship, and admiration runs deep!
Another random thought...Hunter still has those lymph nodes in neck. He has had them for like a year. Dr. Brack says they are not considered "enlarged" since they are under 1 cm, they are just noticeable. So, they are not of any concern to her. I can see them and feel the bumps- so I just don't like them!! Dr. Brack has asked all the other doctors in the practice to feel them over the course of the year, and they all agree that there is no need for further testing...just normal/noticeable nodes on a thin boy. I asked for a blood test a few months ago, and all looked fine. Dr. Brack, along with many other doctors, have told me to let it go! I let it go for a few weeks, then the sunlight captures the bumps, and I worry again. Ugh! Then, I remember what my mom said..."You will always have worry as a mother. Worry and love work hand in hand. Worry can also steal joy. Finding the balance is part of the journey of motherhood!" So, that's that! I'm on my journey- learning along the way!


No comments:

Post a Comment