Tuesday, July 24, 2012

One Week Old

My sweet Trent, you are already one week old! You are such a gentle soul...quiet different from your brother! Hunter's presence/energy filled the room the second he was born. His aura was immediately big, outgoing, and loud! His spunk has always reminded me of my mom- she could fill any room! Then comes Trent...his aura was immediately calming and quiet! Trent has remained very calm, easy going and laid back! I know it's way too early to say, but so far he is a very easy baby. Even though Hunter and Trent seem to have different personalities...they are both extremely content in their own form. I love that they give off completely different "vibes!" I bet we will have some serious fun!
Trent has VERY long legs, arms, fingers and toes! The doctor even said "Woa, this kid is all limbs!" Trent feels so tiny in your hands. He is a delicate, yet strong baby! Scott and I have a hard time releasing his grip sometimes...strong things come in small packages!! He cries very little and stops almost immediately when I pick him up. I love that I MAY have a momma's boy. Hunter preferred Scott from day one, and still is like a magnet to his daddy! Trent melts in my arms, and it is the best feeling.
We are a "on the go" type of family. Scott and I rarely sit around. We love to go out exploring and living adventurous lives! And Trent has been a serious trooper!! We hauled him around the day after we got home from the hospital. Call me crazy- but he is 7 days old and we have already been to church, a few restaurants, a Bar-b-Que party, and have had many visitors at our house. Don't worry- I keep him in the car seat with a blanket over it when we are in public and there is lots of hand washing! He is wonderful on the go, and I sure hope this continues! I absolutely LOVE scooting around town as a family of 4! It feels so natural!
Scott goes back to work tomorrow!!! I have been very spoiled to have him around. He is such a calming force that I always rely on! Hunter has adjusted nicely. He has his jealous moments where he demands a "hug peeeeassse!!" He also is attracted to Trent's pacifiers! I don't mind if Hunter has a pacifier, but we just got him weened to having one only at sleep time- so I really don't want to back track!
Trent is a sleeper! I notice he stays awake from about 2:30-3:30 in the afternoon, but other than that...he sleeps majority of the time! He has been breastfeeding wonderfully...it all has just come so naturally to me and him. It's like we've been doing this forever! He is a "power eater" like Hunter. He feeds about 20 minutes total, which is so nice for me! Then, he is content and sound asleep.
 I have been taking notes, and noticed he has already created his own routine. He eats every 2.5-3.5 hours, then he gives us a 4-5 hour stretch at night! The morning feeding is usually around 8:30, then 11:00, 2:00, 5:30, 7:00, 10:00, then a nice stretch to about 2am, then 5am. He has stuck to these times pretty consistently. He doesn't wake crying in the middle of the night, but he starts shuffling and moving around. I usually grab him before he cries. I feed him in bed with me, then Scott does a quick diaper change. We have a serious system set in place and is working smoothly!
 We have the bassinet by the bed, and he has been sleeping great in it! I have been doing most of the middle of the night stuff, but then Scott wakes up with Hunter and takes both boys until the 8:30 feeding...so I get a nice quiet stretch of sleep. I can't complain, and hope that Trent continues to "put himself right back to sleep" after feeding. All in all, we have had a very nice week. I do not feel like I have a newborn, I feel pretty rested!
 People say that Trent looks like me/my family. Hunter is a carbon copy of Scott, but has more of my personality. And Trent looks more like me, but seems to have Scott's personality!!! It will be interesting to see if Trent continues on this path! Trent does have Scott's dimple chin....which I LOVE! I think it is so handsome on men, and I am happy that Trent is going to have that like his daddy!
 
I have heard that the second time around is much easier, and so far- I agree! The unknowns are eliminated, the stress is much lower, the overall experience is just so enjoyable!! Trent is the sweetest baby. If I had to put Trent in one word...I would say CALMING! He instantly relaxes you when you hold him.What a gift to have that affect on people!!

No comments:

Post a Comment