Saturday, July 7, 2012

Any Day...

37 weeks pregnant! I am so happy that Trent stayed put this long, and I am ready to meet this guy! I am progressing nicely...about 3.5 cm dilated and 70ish% effaced. It literally could be any day. I stayed this way with Hunter for a couple weeks, so I guess we just never know?!
 July 4 at 1:00am- I started having pretty strong contractions for over an hour. The on call doctor said "considering my progression and my previous preterm labor symptoms, she wanted me to get monitored." So, I drove myself to the hospital and Scott stayed home with Hunter. Sure enough- I was having productive contractions every 1.5-4 min!!! The nurse said "you are having a 4th of July baby!!" But, they decided to give me fluids to see if that slowed down contractions because the on call doctor was worried that Trent may not weigh 5 lbs, which means he would need to be monitored in NICU. She wanted to buy a little more time. 
Well, after spending the night in hospital- the contractions did space out. I am now having them every 10-15 minutes. The doctor said, "okay, you can either progress in hospital or progress at home." Not knowing how long that progression will take...I jumped out of that bed and ran to our 4th of July celebrations!!
The hospital release papers say "Condition: In Labor"!!!! Hahaha, that made Scott a little nervous! So, technically speaking- I am in labor! My doctor said to come back if my water breaks or I have 5 or more UNBEARABLE contractions...the kind you can't breath or talk through! Until then, bake away Trent! I feel great and energetic, but definitely feel my body preparing for labor- so I'm getting anxious!
I love not knowing when he will make his debut! We do know that she will induce if he stops growing or developing. She does growth measurements weekly to monitor this. We also know that she will admit me into the hospital if I am 5 cm dilated. She said a hormone is released into the body at that point that jump starts active labor and she could not let me go home (this is exactly what happened with Hunter at my 39 week appt...it took me weeks to get to 5 cm, then BAM I was in full blown labor!) My next appointment is on Monday, so I am curious to see where I stand! 
Scott, Hunter and I are READY! We close on our current house next week, then will lease back from buyer until early August. Our house is fully packed, except for the bare necessities. We wanted to get all the heavy packing done so we could enjoy Trent as much as possible! The next post will hopefully be about a healthy Trent in my arms!!! Life is So good right now- we are very grateful!

No comments:

Post a Comment