Saturday, July 5, 2014

Happy 4th of July

Red, white and blue filled our day! We walked in our neighborhood parade. The kids loved looking at all the decorated bikes and wagons. I held Faith Ann most of the parade because it was SO hot, and I could see her hair getting sweaty in the stroller. She got a lot of admiration in her American flag outfit.
The parade ended at our neighborhood pool. Faith Ann was hungry, and I was having a hard time finding a "private" place because there were kids everywhere! So, I tucked myself behind the bar-b-que pit since I knew kids wouldn't be running there! There were a few people cooking the hot dogs, but I tucked my chair against the wall. This goes down as the most interesting place I have breastfeed Faith Ann so far! When Trent was a baby- I fed him in between granite slabs at a granite yard, on a floor model toilet at Lowe's hardware, and in a chicken coop. So, I would say that feeding Faith Ann behind a smoke pit while stranger men are cooking hot dogs isn't so weird!
She was sound asleep after her feeding. She slept on my chest while the boys swam in the baby pool. We met a lot of people in our neighborhood that will have kids in the same grade as Faith Ann. It was nice to meet the parents of her future friends! Tons of people came over to see her because she looked adorable all curled up with her 4th of July colors! We then headed home for naps.
Round 2 after naps...we headed back to the pool. I got in the big pool with the boys while Scott relaxed with Faith Ann. Then, Hunter wanted to go down the water slide and off the diving board. This was a two man job with Trent in tow. So, Scott got in the pool too. We set Faith Ann on a lawn chair and she slept for a good hour. Scott and I took turns checking on her. We could see her from the pool so we didn't take our eyes off her much. Besides, there were plenty of admiring eyes on her!
I sat on the lawn chair next to Faith Ann for a while. Trent came and sat on my lap and relaxed while we watched Scott and Hunter. I really loved this moment...a beautiful sleeping baby next to me, a cuddly little boy on my chest while watching my first baby play like a big boy! That was one of those mother moments that you bottle up in your memory!
We went to church to watch fireworks around 8:00. The boys were getting sleepy, but they had to see fireworks on the special day. With rain clouds about to fall from the sky...we loaded up! We met up with some friends, and it was so fun! We saw my dad there because he loves to listen to the orchestra that plays during the fireworks. Faith Ann slept in Scotts arms while Trent sat in my lap during the show. Sweet Hunter sat next to me and held my hand during the fireworks, he would pull my hand up and kiss my hand randomly...ahhh, what a sweet 4th of July!! Love my babies!

No comments:

Post a Comment