Sunday, July 27, 2014

I'm Sorry

UGH!! I am SO SORRY sweet Faith Ann. I did it...what all mothers are terrified of doing! I cut off the tip of her finger while cutting her finger nails! She was scratching her face, so I decided to take on the dreaded task of cutting the tender nails of a sweet baby! I finished one hand and on to the next. I was cutting her pointer finger on her right hand...then, SCREAM!
Immediate pain cry, and my heart sank! What is kind of ironic is that my mom cut off the tip of my finger too- she always felt bad about that. Well, now I can wear the same badge of shame! There was blood on her little shirt as the blood was flowing out of her finger. I took her across the street because my neighbor is a nurse. After about 30 minutes of pressure, the bleeding slowed down. We bandaged it up, and laid her down for her a nap. She slept almost 4 hours, which made me wonder if she was okay! Did I traumatize her?! After a long nap, she was all better and her finger is healing nicely!

I just had to document this moment so I could always remember the first (of many) times I make a mistake with Faith Ann! It melted my heart because after I cut off her fingertip, she smiled at me with tears in her eyes....like she still fully trusts and loves me, despite my mistake! We can learn a lot from our children. How to forgive and love unconditionally! Sorry baby girl, mommy loves you!

No comments:

Post a Comment