Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Happy 9th Anniversary & Happy 2nd Birthday Trent

Today is a very special day. July 16th marks our wedding anniversary and Trent's birthday! We have been married 9 years and Trent is 2 years old today! Trent will always be my favorite anniversary present! Mom is on my mind today...I was born on my parents wedding anniversary! Crazy, huh?! Mom used to always tell me that I was her most special anniversary gift. And now I get to experience that same feeling on my anniversary! Gods timing is just so wonderful! Trent is gentle hearted, soft spoken, patient, but he is tough as nails! Trent captured a very special spot in my heart the day he was born. Such a tender and beautiful little boy!
9 years married to my wonderful husband. He is another tender, gentle soul in my life. Scott is my rock. He handles the chaos of life in such a quiet, balanced way. Scott and I totally "get each other." Our personalities couldn't be more different- but it just works so naturally! Our sense of humor is the same, and we have laughed SO hard over the years. We started dating when we were 15 years old. We have been through a lot. From day one, we clicked! We have grown up together, he is truly my other half. I don't know life without him!
I dug up some high school pictures of us. I found one from our 1 year dating anniversary!! Mom made us a candle light dinner in our backyard. She adored Scott from the start. I remember helping her cook this dinner. We were having girl talk. She said, "I bet you and Scott get married. Yall just fit!" She was right! Scott is a keeper. The place mats mom used to set the table are the ones that my aunt used to make Faith Ann's quilt!! Who would have thought, at 15 years old, we were eating dinner on our future daughters blanket. Wow!
Scott took the boys to have donuts this morning for Trent's birthday. I went to Texas Children's with Faith Ann. We had an early morning follow up appointment for her birthmark. Doctor said it looks great and should start the fading process soon- but more on that later. After donuts, Scott took the boys to Vacation Bible School. They are loving the pirate theme! The teachers sung to Trent and made him feel special. Then, we went to McDonalds with some friends to eat/play for more birthday fun!
We got Trent a mini roller coaster for the backyard for his birthday. Scott took off work early. He is outside now, setting it up while the boys nap! So, we will show Trent his gift when they wake and play all afternoon! Some cousins are coming over to take a ride on the roller coaster. I have some cupcakes so he can make a birthday wish! Then tonight, we have a babysitter coming over for Scott and I to have a date night for our anniversary...our first date night since Faith Ann was born. Feeling blessed and loved on this very special day!

No comments:

Post a Comment