Saturday, July 12, 2014

Is Tonight the Night?

Here it is, 10:05 on a Saturday night. Scott and I decided that we would leave Faith Ann in her crib all night for her first time! She has been going to sleep in her crib around 7:30pm, then I feed her around 10:00 and put her in our room for the night. It's been working out great. But, we decided that we should just leave her in her crib tonight.
However, as I approach my night time feeding in a few minutes...Scott and I are feeling like she should come to our room after I feed her! Is it because Trent has been acting "off" today, and I feel like I will already be sleeping on edge? Or is it because she has such a soft cry, and I worry I won't hear her? Or is it because things are so smooth right now- why fix what 'aint broke?!
Or is it because she may be our last baby, and it is a BIG step to never have a "newborn" baby sleeping in your room ever again!! Scott and I were just talking about the fact that we may never have another baby sleeping in a bassinet by our bed. I may never roll over and crack one eye just to make sure the swaddle sack hasn't crept too close to her face! I like the comfort of knowing that she is safe, peaceful and sound asleep. I stare at her sweet face in the midnight hours. Putting her in her own room is a change. It makes her one step closer to growing up and out of the newborn phase!!
Scott said, "nevermind, tonight is not the night- I'm not ready for that!" I agree...it just doesn't feel quiet right yet! Why rush it? She is our baby! One day, I will long for the smell of a newborn and the sweet sleeping noises they make! We will know when it is the right time...maybe tomorrow night, maybe next week- but not tonight! Our baby girl will be next to us, tucked in and an arms reach away from her momma that loves her SO much!

No comments:

Post a Comment