Saturday, October 4, 2014

Big Question

People ask, "is Faith Ann your last child?" That is a big question?! Scott and I have always been open to the idea of having 4 children. We always knew that we would have at least 3 children. After 3, we said that we would let it sit and see where life takes us. Our plan is to let 3 sit for a while and let life continue to unfold as we enjoy the ride. If it hits us that "it's time" for another- then we may go for it?! For now, it comes in waves!!
I will all of a sudden get a "wave"of a feeling that tells me that our family is complete. While we were on stage during Faith Ann's baptism- I got hit with a huge wave of emotions telling me that "this is our family, we are done, this is our last baptism!" I had complete peace and a full circle feeling!
I love chaos. I love the activity, noises, and non-stop that comes along with children. The constant opening/closing of the doors, the fingerprints on the windows, the hours a day I spend in the kitchen, the friends in and out, the laughter! To me, children is what makes a home!
 I LOVE to watch the sibling relationship grow among my children. Hunter and Trent function as one- they are a "package deal." They co-exist, and only know life with their sidekick! I love that we were able to give them the gift of 'each other!' Thank you God for blessing us with the gift of siblings! You learn so much about life through your siblings, you learn so much about love, about forgiveness, and about friendship...a sibling to grow old with is one of life's biggest blessings!
Because of the above paragraphs- I get waves of feeling like a 4th child is in our cards. Scott gets waves of feeling like another baby is in store. The other day he said, "I was just in Faith Ann's nursery and felt like this is not our last baby!" He also gets waves of feeling like we are done. Point is- we have waves of emotions.
And honestly, we aren't worried about it! We are enjoying the moment. We are enjoying this phase. We are fully content. We have no plans...our plan is to be fully in love with our children and listen to our hearts as the journey of life continues!
I can say this....we are SO HAPPY with our family of 5. It feels good. It feels right. I remember playing "house" when I was a little girl. I used to pretend that I had 2 boys and a baby girl! I remember it like yesterday. Fast forward, here I am in reality...living what I always dreamed of!
So, what is my answer when people ask me that question?? I say, "we are blessed and happy with our 3 healthy children- we will see what God puts on our hearts!" I am a happy mommy. I couldn't imagine feeling fuller, feeling more complete!

No comments:

Post a Comment