Friday, September 23, 2011

12 month stats

Weight: 21 lbs (35th percentile)
Height: 31 in. (90th percentile)
Looks like our string bean is starting to "stretch out!" I feel like he was 'slow' when it came to milestones, etc...then all of a sudden- BAM! He is doing everything back to back! He has a new trick everyday. The doctor said, "Hitting milestones like this usually means that you have an 'observer' on your hands!" Very funny, because Scott is totally an observer...I, on the other hand, dive right in and learn from my mistakes! 
 Hunter has been so chill and content while he was learning by watching. After observing, he decided to "do it all" when he felt comfortable and ready! He must have been really busy observing, because he is one busy fella! Here is what he is up to these days:
  • Legit crawling....however, he still prefers his "caterpillar crawl"
  • Pulling up on everything
  • He talks "like a boy!"words: momma, dada, ball, book, deer, hi, doggie, bird, duck, uh oh
  • Sign languages "more"
  • Shakes his head no
  • Favorite thing to do is PLAY BALL! His first word every morning is...ball! He plays for hours, and he is REALLY good! He can catch and throw very precisely!
  • Loves reading and flipping the pages in books
  • 5 teeth!!!!! Went from 0 to 5 in a week!!
  • Dances to Backyardigans and "Hotdog" from Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
  • Waves bye-bye
  • Still sits in his magic green chair every morning!!! His feet hit the floor, but he loves it!
  • Favorite food is blueberries- all fruit! He eats anything and everything! Big eater!
  •  Stands alone
  • Can walk while holding your hand
  • Still loves bath time and water
  • Sleeps from 7pm-7:15ish am (still sleeps at night in sleep sack!)
  • Morning nap 9:30-11:00 afternoon nap 1:45-3:15 (naps with blanket and lovie)
  •  Uses his sippy cup like a big boy...loves water and juice!
  • Size 3 diaper, size 12 mo clothes, and size 4 shoe (has big hands and feet)
  • Goes to mothers day out once a week
  • Still laughs and smiles OFTEN!!
  • Loves Bentley and Zoe
  • Starting to cry (more like whine) when people take him, but he gets over it fast! I'm trying to get him through this phase very fast!! His trusting personality has always been his strength.
  • Can entertain himself for long time, very content baby!
  • Has thrown a few "fits" and he has gone in time out, he already knows what time out is. I even have a "travel time out" in my diaper bag, so he knows time out goes everywhere! I haven't had to use it in public- I'm kind of nervous for my first time!
  • Blows kisses- so cute!
  • Had his first stomach bug (diarrhea, throwing up) It was awful, but only lasted 24 hours!
  • Can point to your nose when asked, "Where's my nose"
  • LOVES going on wagon walks with Zoe 
 We are in the best time our lives! My baby will only be a baby for a short while, and I am soaking up every second! Words can't explain how this little guy has changed my life, changed my purpose, changed my heart...he is my everything!

Love these pictures! I caught him in MID LAUGH!! He laughs SO hard!! His laugh is so contagious and admirable!


No comments:

Post a Comment