Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Dear Hunter, (Love Mommy)

My sweet little boy. Where did this year go? It flew by! You are my everything. I've said it before, but I can't say it enough...you have changed my being, changed my purpose, changed my heart, and changed my life- all for the better! You are the most special thing in the world. God has blessed you with this amazing personality!! You are full of joy, full of life, full of smiles and you make my day...everyday!!

Your pure joy of life reminds me of your sweet Zsa-Zsa! She always made people feel good and made people smile- she was infectious! Just like you! Your spirit brightens the room and illuminates peoples hearts! You have such an easy smile, and you remind me daily to "enjoy the small things!" Thank you for that gift- thank you for teaching me to live in the moment!!!!

We have had an action packed first year! We have many great memories already, and you better hold on because your life is going to continue to be full of adventure! You like to be 'on the go' as much as I do- we are a great team! You are so easy going, content and laid back...yet, you are SO silly!! Your laugh has brought this whole new dimension to my spirit! It stops me in my tracks, every time! I just look at you, in amazement, only God could have created someone so happy, so cheerful and so full of life!

What has been the best part of this year? I have to say the connection that we have bonded! I will always treasure this bond that we formed in our "early days!" As life moves on, and you no longer think that I am the most important person in your life...remember, that this bond will forever be in our hearts! I will always be there for you...even when you don't think you need me, I will be there! I promise to make every thing in your life special. Your first ball game, your first time to ride the bus, your first job, your birthdays, every holiday-but most importantly....the everyday little things. I will always be your rock, I will always be there to hug you, and always be there to share in life's sorrows and life's joys!

I want so much for you! Most of all, I hope that Daddy and I are good role models for you. One day, I want you to say, "I know what kind of parent I want to be...I learned from mom and dad!" I do not promise perfection, but I do promise 100% dedication and lots of fun ;-)

Becoming a mother has been the best gift, and I promise to never take this gift for granted! Even during those awkward, annoying, and 'know it all' phases you will go through! Even when you are a 40 year old man...you will always be my baby! Remember that! I was so proud of you the first time you rolled over...I will be just as proud of you when you build shelves in the garage of your first house, or when you paint your sons nursery, or when you close a deal at work! Young or old...I will always be proud of you!

Daddy, you, and your siblings, will always be my priority! After all, God chose me to have you. How did He know...how did He know you are EXACTLY what I have always wanted?! My daily mission and goal is to make you smile, learn, and enjoy life. God's funny because even though I think I am teaching you- in fact, you are teaching me! I am so excited about our journey together and the adventures we will experience!

Life is good, as long as you are my baby- life will continue to be good! And my baby...forever you will be. I love you!

Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment