Tuesday, September 6, 2011

First Day of School

Mothers day out at Memorial Drive United Methodist Church (MDUMC.) Hunter goes on Thursday from 9:00-2:00. His first day of "school" was so memorable. Scott went to work late so that he could take part in "getting Hunter ready for school!" Scott is such an involved, proud daddy! He took a million pictures from the morning. Picture of me dressing him, feeding him breakfast, putting on his backpack, walking out the door...literally, he took a million pictures!
 Scott and I walked him into his classroom- Hunter was the last kid to arrive...thanks to Scott's picture taking!! Anyways, he is in the Muppet class with the Sesame Street theme. Hunter is the youngest in his class by 10 days. There are 3 baby boys in his class that are a couple weeks apart in age, so at least he is not the only "non walker." The oldest is 18 months...so the age range is pretty small. But, I really feel like Hunter is going to learn a lot from the "older kids!!"
 Separation anxiety...what's that?! I've heard of it, but clearly Hunter does not have it...at all!! We walk into a room of strangers and the teacher takes him from me, and what does he do.....smiles with his mouth wide open and waves bye-bye to mommy and daddy! But, to make me feel extra special...he was SO happy to see me when I picked him up. It was precious! He started panting and threw his arms up! The feeling was mutual. I have no problem leaving him BUT I am SO SO excited and gitty to pick him back up!
He slept great, which was a surprise to me because Hunter is such a light sleeper. He gets 2 naps a day, and this was the first time we attempted 1 nap. He did awesome, but he was ready for bed at 6:30! He ate all his lunch, and the teachers said that he is a "very sociable" baby!!! hahaha, that is a nice way of saying that he is loud, talks a lot, laughs like crazy, and can be a wild man when it comes to playing!
 They also noted on his "daily report card" that he likes throwing! YES HE DOES! He loves playing ball...he can catch and throw the ball for hours, and he does! He also played with "cause and effect" manipulatives. I am so glad that he is learning these skills at such a young age. Honestly, I am NOT a good teacher...yes, I majored in education BUT teaching is so not for me! I can communicate, organize and time manage like there's no tomorrow...but when it comes to patience, and actual teaching...no thank you! Teachers deserve a million dollars a year, and I am MORE than happy to hand off my kiddos to the experts!!
 Anyways, his first day was a huge success and I look forward to year ahead! Hunter's "independent, carefree, joyful spirit" still amazes me daily!! Scott and I were so "those parents," and we were proud to take that title as we took tons of pics with his little backpack and watched him outside the classroom window! We just love him more than words can ever describe!

1 comment:

  1. www.kathrynscamera.comSeptember 7, 2011 at 2:38 PM

    You are going to love it! PS - LOVE the last picture of you guys! - Kate Robinson

    ReplyDelete