Wednesday, August 6, 2014

1st Vacation

Faith Ann had a wonderful first vacation. We go to Leakey, Tx on the Frio River every year for my family reunion. We call it camping, but we are not in tents. My family rents out the same cabins every year. They are very basic with concrete walls/floors and a tiny window cooling unit. I remember taking Hunter for the first time, and I was nervous that the conditions would be hard for a baby to adjust to. Haha, fast forward a couple years, and I tossed her bassinet and bumbo seat in the car and took off!
It's a trip based around "nothing to do!!" We sit around camp fires, skip rocks in the river, float the Frio, play yard games, look for bugs, etc...we simply hang out and it is wonderful! The cousins have a blast running, inventing games, swimming and eating all their meals outside. Faith Ann is such a champ! She went with the flow...slept wonderful, almost too much! My cousins wanted to hold her more so I had to keep waking her up! Faith Ann even took a nap in a camp chair! Don't worry, I enclosed the chair with other chairs so she was safe!
 It's about a 5 hour car ride, which actually wasn't bad!! We only made one stop for feeding Faith Ann and letting Bentley out to go to the bathroom. Of course, Bentley joins us because she loves to run and swim in the hill country! Faith Ann didn't make a peep in the car. I kept asking Hunter, "what is she doing now?" He kept giving me updates, such a wonderful brother!
I didn't even try to put Faith Ann in the Frio River. It is way too cold, and she would not be happy! From our campground, we get in the river and cross to get to the rocks. This is where the kids play and the adults lounge in the sun. I didn't want to miss all that bonding...so I walked across the river with Faith Ann over my head so she wouldn't get wet!
She spent her time in someones arms, in the stroller, in the carrier on my chest or sleeping in the bassinet. She was not put down for one second while she was awake! She also looked adorable the entire trip. Lots of fashion at the Frio River this year for little miss Faith Ann! We went to Garner State Park to enjoy some country dancing...that was always my favorite part when I was little! And now, I'm 'that mom' that chases her kids around with a camera while they dance!
It was a needed vacation. There was a lot of alone time for the adults as the kids were playing. Scott and I enjoyed sitting on the swing and visiting without a million interruptions! We also really enjoyed watching our boys act like "big boys" and play until they dropped...literally, they stayed awake past 10:00 every night!
My cousin just had a baby (4 weeks younger than Faith Ann.) So, the two baby girls sat side by side for many photo sessions! Faith Ann was just so perfect this vacation. Sounds cheesy, but no other way to put it! Her peaceful little smile and presence warmed everyone's heart! She slept through all the nights, so everyone was happy to avoid the midnight wake up cries!! I'm always a little nervous that my kids will keep everyone awake, but they all did great! Once again, thank you to my niece Ally for helping out so much! She helped get the boys dressed, rocked Faith Ann, retrieved pacifiers and diapers, etc. She is such a helper!
Good vacation, and I can only hope that Faith Ann continues to be so easy going! There is something just so simple about this sweet girl, and I love everything about her!! Bye Leakey...see ya next year with a 1 year old girl! Now, that vacation may be a different story, ha!


No comments:

Post a Comment