Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Faith Ann's Baptism

My sweet girl got baptized this past weekend on August 10, 2014. She wore the same dress that I was baptized in as a baby. My mom took such great care of all my dresses, and I am especially thankful that she handled this special dress with TLC. It is a beautiful dress with lace, smocking, and embroidery details. She got baptized by our wonderful Pastor Daniel Irving at Memorial Drive Untied Methodist Church. We go to the contemporary service at The Well, and we just LOVE our church! Daniel has baptized all 3 of our children.
Her Godparents are my brother, Chad and my sister-in-law, Kate (wife of brother Beau.) Kate and my brother, Beau, started dating when I was like 6 years old- so she and I have grown up together like sisters. And my brother, Chad, is a kid magnet and just loves the charm of little girls. Chad spoiled me when I was little- he carried me and always made me feel important. Kate and her family live down the street from us and Chad's family lives close by too- Faith Ann will see lots of her Godparents throughout her life! I couldn't have picked better Godparents for our sweet Faith Ann.
She was extra sweet during her baptism. She smiled at Pastor Daniel. She was calm and was truly angelic during the entire service...she is such a blessing to us! Hunter and Trent did good too. They were watching closely as water was being placed on Faith Ann's head. I had tears of joy in my eyes as  I stood up there with my family. I always dreamed of moments like this with my children and husband! I am so grateful for all that God has given me!! I also got a little teary thinking that this could be our last baptism. I pray that we guide Faith Ann to follow God and trust His plan for her! We had a great baptism, and I am one proud momma!

No comments:

Post a Comment