Tuesday, May 18, 2021

WELCOME HOME!! Back to Britoak

 March 20, 2021...the day we moved home! We got back from skiing to a crazy apartment and night full of packing. We woke up super early to get going. The moving truck got there bright and early. We were pumped to get back HOME! 




I worked my tail off!! Unpacking, cleaning, coordinating workers that were there for last minute items. We moved in with dirt for a yard...that was stressful with all the mud. But we were so excited to be back home. A fresh start in our renovated home. We added on about 1000 square feet. Plus a huge front porch and back patio. Outdoor living spaces are a must for us. We added on 2 bedrooms, 1.5 bathroom, playroom and laundry room. 



We wanted to keep the same feel of our home, just enhance it. Give it a little more breathing room and way more functional. We certainly achieved that! I worked countless hours around the clock to make this home. The decisions, the shopping, the touches, the functionality. I couldn't be more excited. It feels like home. 



The kids gave me ideas for their room, and I ran with it. Sports, camo, basketball, gold leopard, bed net! It is their room, and I want them to feel like kids. They have the rest of their life to get a beautiful room...now is their time to have a kid room!! And their bathrooms are to die for too! The boys have deer antler wallpaper! FaithAnn's bathroom is dedicated my mom, ZsaZsa, and her love for all things pink gold and glitter!! And I finally have a laundry room inside!! A peacock laundry room with a feather chandelier. I am so happy! 





There are a lot of people in and out. Workers, wallpaper guys, and loads of friends to help. A sweet lady I met at the apartment has been my life saver. Annabella!! She is a God send. She went grocery shopping for me, loaded my fridge and made meals. I will always remember her sincere desire to help. I am grateful. 




All the details are so great. It is so organized and everything in its place. It is HOME, and it feels amazing. Pictures need to be hung and a few lingering details need following up on, but we have officially started our new life. 



The kids have their friends over all the time. Revolving door. We eat, cook, play and cuddle. It is so simple and exactly what I wanted. Exactly what we needed. The dogs are more comfortable. Bentley is very happy to be home. We have trained Lou to stay in the playroom or outside. No more dogs around the house...too much shedding hair. 



The walk in pantry is a major part of our days. It is perfection. We have a countertop in there with microwave, etc. The kids and I are in and out if there a million times a day. The little office space off the dining room is adorable and so functional. And our master bedroom is just breathtaking. We still need to hang the bedside basket pendants. But, we are in love! 







The kids have been busy helping me here and there. They see how hard I've been working. We used the old doors from our house to mix some old with the new. We refinished them and used them for the office door and our master closet door. All the little touches around the entire house are better than I imagined. Welcome HOME to my family. More pictures to come as final touches are complete. 


No comments:

Post a Comment