Thursday, July 18, 2013

1st Birthday Party

We had a backyard birthday party for Trent's special day. It was a 'summer' theme with lots of colors, water activities and yummy food. I made brisket for sandwiches, fruit kabobs, pretzels, juice, water, and mimosas! Macy brought over her snow cone machine, which was a big hit! For party favors, I made green rice kripsy pops, and of course we had cupcakes! I kept it pretty simple and just brought out all of my yard activities, and it turned out great!




We have a large family, so I kept it just family and a handful of friends that have babies Trent's age. It was a perfect morning, and everyone truly had fun! My nephew, Jim, told me as he was leaving "best party, ever!" So sweet!! I used the same bandanna banner from Hunter's first birthday party. Each bandanna had a picture from each month of their first year. As I was taking off Hunter's pictures- I compared Hunter and Trent's monthly pictures in the first 12 months. I see very little physical resemblance, and it was so fun to see Hunter's personality exuding from his baby pictures and Trent's calm spirit was exuding from his pictures! I love my boys, and it was a treat to reflect back on Hunter's first year as I was preparing for Trent's party! The party was fun, festive, simple and totally laid back!


Trent had a great time, and he just went along for the ride. He was so independent as he scooted between activities....pool to cozy coupe to bounce house to sprinkler ball! He just did what he wanted to do, and everyone enjoyed watching him explore! Hunter kept running up to him and screaming "happy birthday baby Trent!"





It was the perfect 1st birthday party, I couldn't have been happier with the outcome. Scott and I loved watching Trent play with his friends and enjoyed watching Hunter, so graciously, letting Trent have his special day!! Hunter played hard, but he kept the focus on baby Trent- he is such a special big brother! Here are a ton of pictures to remember this day! Great party for a great year!










1 comment:

  1. Hi Brandi, I love your party decorations! Please get a hold of me at jennyfranklin.fbp@gmail.com, I'd like to offer you partypail.com's recognition badge!

    ReplyDelete