Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Dear Trent, (Love Daddy)

Dear Trent,

Wow! What a year it has been. Mom and I have been so blessed to have such an amazing child. I was so excited when we found out we were going to have another boy. What I failed to realize is the true level of emotions I felt when you came into this world and have remained with me over this past year. I feel so lucky to have another little buddy to play with, to teach life lessons, and I hope to always be there to help you grow through life. You opened up a new part of my heart, and I love you more and more every day. In many ways, you remind me of myself. Mommy always tells me that we both "sail" through life and never seem to get upset or bothered. I love that about you, our personalities totally click.

You have such a special presence that nobody else in this world has. You light up any room and you are such a very happy baby. You seem to always just go with the flow, and you exude a special spirit that I hope you will always keep and cherish. Your spirit is so light, genuine and carefree. You are going to grace many people with your one of a kind spirit. One of my favorite things about you is to see how excited you get to see me walk in the door when I get home from work. You always have such a big smile, and I love how you smile “with your eyes”. I love how you scoot across the floor to me and look up and throw up your arms for me to pick you up. That is a memory that will last with me forever.  No matter how stressful or how bad a day I had at work, I always feel calm when I hold you. It is like nothing else matters and you make me remember what the important things are in life. It is you, Hunter, and mommy – not the little things that I deal with at work. Thank you for always making feel calm and relaxed. Again, that is part of the special spirit that you always exude. Keep that!
 It has been so fun to watch you grow up over the past year. You and Hunter have become such great friends that it is hard to separate you at home. You are always together. Hunter thinks the world of you, and you have a big brother that loves you so much. You have grown into your own person over this past year and it is fun to see you grow into your personality. I would not change one thing about you. You have such a great personality, laugh, and persona that make you who you are. I love everything about you. I pray that you hold onto your gentle roots and your kind heart stays the foundation of your being. One thing that I love most about you is how much you love your momma. You gravitate to her, she is your comfort zone and I find comfort in knowing that you appreciate your mom. Always show appreciation to mommy, she lives for you boys!
I can only hope and pray that we will continue to create many great memories together as we grow through life together. I want so much for you! You are going to be successful what whatever you put your mind to. I can already tell that you are driven, focused, observant, and aware of the world around you. I promise to always be there for you when you need me. Even when you don’t need me, I will be there for you. We will both make mistakes, and I promise to help you learn from your mistakes. I promise to forgive, I promise to help you achieve your goals, I promise to always be proud of you, and I promise to always try my hardest to be the best role model I can be.
You are everything I have ever wanted in a son. You are my precious baby boy, and you will always be precious in my eyes.
I love you so much,
Dad.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment